Who Has the Red Dragon Acro?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys are crazy!!!! Chalices fetch thousands and your gonna say one of the most unique acros of all time ain't worth 250$???? I guess to each there own but it's worth every penny to me...

Don't even get me started on challices:neutral:

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are crazy!!!! Chalices fetch thousands and your gonna say one of the most unique acros of all time ain't worth 250$???? I guess to each there own but it's worth every penny to me...

Don't even get me started on challices:neutral:

Chalices grow alot slower then most SPS. Any SPS that grow slow carry there price tag for a long time look at the purple monster. Now if you can get chalice to grow a inch in six months i think you have some secrete juice. hints the big price tag on chalices.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple monster don't fetch much I can't unload 1"+ frags for 50$ were talking a unique acro it's just
Down right different!!! Lol I guess you gotta be a stick head..

Kataro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that picture is crazy. So the Red Dragon grows pretty slow? What sp. is it

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seeing that pic definitely renews my excitement about this coral. It does seem to be a moderate to fast grower as well. Maybe that's why people were cashing in. In a year or two this one may be everywhere.

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will probably try this acro real soon. i think the colors are sooooo nice. i have an affliction for red acros/millies and orange lps. red planet, red robin stag are 2 of my favorite so this will only add to the collection

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine died,its to delicate for me to keep or attept keeping again.

This is what has kept me away along with the prce tag...plus I just don't think it is that awesome, but that is only my opinion so no need to bash me :bigsmile:

RandyO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Red Dragon Acro for it's growth more than it's color. It grows like a Bonsai tree so it's hard to find someone that wants to frag their baby they have grown out.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a super sweet stick- and wouldn't mind finding a way to pick up a piece of it in the near future (anyone have a frag they'd want to trade for something? lol, sorry, shameless plug.)

Price is price- I don't think HD TV's are worth what they cost, but I got one as a gift, and gladly sit and watch the HD channels whenever possible, heh. Something always has to come along to decide who gets anything of a limited supply, price is typically it (unless we started a national lottery system for all coral imports, that could be interesting, hah!)

Thanks for dropping in that pic from RC Ian, very sweet shot, makes me think more acro's need top-down shots (like SDguys topdown echinata shot)

ricwilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys/gals post placement of the Red Dragon? Does it need lots of flow?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a super sweet stick- and wouldn't mind finding a way to pick up a piece of it in the near future (anyone have a frag they'd want to trade for something? lol, sorry, shameless plug.)

Price is price- I don't think HD TV's are worth what they cost, but I got one as a gift, and gladly sit and watch the HD channels whenever possible, heh. Something always has to come along to decide who gets anything of a limited supply, price is typically it (unless we started a national lottery system for all coral imports, that could be interesting, hah!)

Thanks for dropping in that pic from RC Ian, very sweet shot, makes me think more acro's need top-down shots (like SDguys topdown echinata shot)

I dont know man, HD TV's are very worth it. I had one for a while and everytime i would visit my folks, i would tell them i cant watch their sub-standard TV LOL. Eventually the switched and wondered why they didnt sooner!!

Back on topic - This acro is beautiful and think the price tag isnt too bad all things considered.

-Oz

Gone Overboard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 3/4" frag from CITR July 1st last year below.

RedDragon07012010.jpg

And now today.....(crappy iphone shot)

RedDragon03072011.jpg

I have it getting about 400 par and medium flow. It's more red and very bright in person, can't capture it in a pic.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome pictures everyone, I would get a frag of this asap,but 1 thing makes me hesitate

Acros are so delicate! If they start rtn they can be gone in 2 hours,i had a hawkins en. mini colony do this, so yes sps grow faster but alot of them will die much faster,which is why I stick with my good ole chalices....

On the other hand if I can get sps going good,I will be searching for a frag of this for sure!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 3/4" frag from CITR July 1st last year below.

RedDragon07012010.jpg

And now today.....(crappy iphone shot)

RedDragon03072011.jpg

I have it getting about 400 par and medium flow. It's more red and very bright in person, can't capture it in a pic.

That is crazy growth that you have there bro!Very well done I must say!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 201 71.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back