Who here actually enjoys doing water changes?

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like a form of meditation for me. I can shut everything else out and focus on my aquarium and how it’s doing. So I kinda like it. I hate cleaning the glass though.

It's the bottom that's by the sand that's the worst. After getting a couple of scratches in my tank I now have to take the mag cleaner out and hide it. My wife was the worst about dragging the mag cleaner across the sand on the bottom.

Swalve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. You know your doing the one best thing you can do for your tank and fish. Everything looks so much nicer and more energetic it seems like. There’s actually times for me that I’ve got nothing to do for an hour or so and I have to talk myself out of it, because I know for a fact it doesn’t need it and I’ll be wasting salt.

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like it because I didnt get that amazon deal on the salt thats always disappearing

Ha, I thought I was the only one checking it constantly. My UPS guy started using a dolly to bring it to my door. :)

I checked it one day and IO 200 gallon salt was $32 shipped. I bought one thinking it was a mistake and two days later it was delivered. Went back online to order more and it was $20 more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. You know your doing the one best thing you can do for your tank and fish. Everything looks so much nicer and more energetic it seems like. There’s actually times for me that I’ve got nothing to do for an hour or so and I have to talk myself out of it, because I know for a fact it doesn’t need it and I’ll be wasting salt.

So many posts telling people to dump every chemical known to man to fix a problem when all it takes is water changes and stirring the sandbed or running a gravel vac every now and then. I don't get it.

Take the money your spending on all these miracle products and buy some salt, ha. Your inhabitants will thank you.

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thread. I love doing water changes and this chore is one of the reasons I switched permanently from fresh to salt. I hated doing it with my freshwater tank but enjoy the intimacy with my salt animals. Yikes, I may have just stumbled upon another gender identity classification.

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10% water change takes me about 25 mins. Enough time to listen to a podcast or some music. All I use is 2 buckets and a piece of hose. Only do the change once a month but I do enjoy doing it.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually about to start a 10 percent weekly change, or roughly 10 gals, so actually about 8 percent, but who's counting, LOL!!! I was doing a 25 percent change monthly, but its a pain to change out that much water at one time, and I feel that doing smaller, more frequent changes is the way to go. Always adding trace elements to the tank.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always been a believer in water changes and don’t mind doing them. I think when my tanks have had regular water changes they look better and are less likely to have issues.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back