Status
Not open for further replies.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No mystery...Reefer A is ficklefins :lol: Not really sure why all the hub-bub. Whodah gives informative articles about zoas all the time...it comes as a great resource...I certainly don't think he is at all egotistical for writing up that info and would welcome someone else to write up about certain subjects.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohh ok, i thought it was him, but the conversation got a little strange.

i just figured jreimer would be the one doing the articles or something.

i dont have a problem with anyone putting up lots more articles. i just hope there can be a better way of organizing it. imagine adding ~10 more sticky threads to the top of the fourm, and most people wont even read them in the first place to get their info b/c everything looks so cluttered. and some of those stickeys get off topic.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering the samething....What does Fickelfins do? I mean how does he have facts of what he's gonna write about? He a zoanthropolagist.?...lol. Just wondering!

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm just missing sarcasm if it's there azurel, but I was just kidding about ficklefins being reefer A. I think that Mucho reef plans to write these articles and I know he's been in the hobby keeping zoanthids for an extremely long time and has probably learned quite a bit from that. So he'll probably be sharing some of what he has learned much like he shared the info about his nudi eating wrasse.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My post wasn't ment to be mean or anything, I was just wondering and being a little bit of a smart butt too. Maybe that should be a new catagory of science...Zoanthropologist. I thought you were serious...No biggie. Mucho definantly has some wide birth of knowledge on zoanthids.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel,

I signed up as Reefer A as a joke. I thought by posting send your frags to ficklefins it would be a dead give away. Kinda funny how it played out.

Trust me, I'm not expert and I thought jreimer or mucho were going to post the informative threads on there. Sorry for confusing people it was just a joke.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem I thought it was Mucho myself......That's cool...I got lost somewhere in the middle of the thread.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ficklefins said:
Azurel,

I signed up as Reefer A as a joke. I thought by posting send your frags to ficklefins it would be a dead give away. Kinda funny how it played out.

Trust me, I'm not expert and I thought jreimer or mucho were going to post the informative threads on there. Sorry for confusing people it was just a joke.

ROTFLMBO! Nah, see if you wanted to be slick you could have said, Send your zoas to Jessiesgrrl, and then we could have split them...
:D
Laurie

MUCHO REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can honestly say is “WOWâ€. I chose to wait 3 weeks before responding to your question on “just wondering what his qualifications are?" I said that I wouldn’t reply, but to sit idle and not respond to something as silly and egregious as this, would potentially lead some to believe these callus remarks. The title of this thread I thought was “Who’s Reefer Aâ€. Based upon a thread I posted well over two months ago on Reef Central. My name was barely mentioned here in this thread in the 6th, 7th and 8th post. So tell me Coralnutz, why would you make such a personal complaint in a public forum on your site, instead of making it months ago in the original forum on Reef Central? Is it because you knew it would be deleted by the Mods on Reef Central? Was it because I am a member of Team RC? I simply refuse to believe there was nothing else for you to talk about here, besides me. You are the Administrator of a web site, and you are taking shots at another reefer in public without provocation? Do you realize the message that you have conveyed to everyone who has viewed your remarks as well as potential members who are just looking in, all over my NICKNAME? This is but one of the many reasons so many newbies will only look and never post--for fear of a post like yours over a moot issue, a non issue.

I came home to a box full of reefers who contacted me in anger over your remarks, some from your own site. Another reason I waited 3 weeks before responding was to see how many reefers felt the way you did, and no one responded. That told me a lot; it says that it’s indeed personal. It’s utterly shocking to me, that an Administrator of a new web site would have the audacity to complain about a reefers NICKNAME that someone else gave them on another site many years ago. I know dozens of people with reefing nicknames; but you are the very first person that I have ever heard or read about who had a problem with someone’s NICKNAME. Whoever said that I am the Zoo Guru BTW? No one!!!!, so why bother to even bring it up.

Then you go even further and question my BACKKGROUND. Please inform the rest of us sir who are you to ask or even question my, or anyone’s background. We are all reefers, just like you, what more of a background is needed? Are you saying sir that I need a background to have a NICKNAME too? I see that you have the name “Zoa Nut†under your I.D. on Reef Central. Do you think I have right to comment in a thread here on your site regarding your nickname? No, it would be silly of me to do so. I won’t even bother to respond to your statement that I am a condescending person, which by the way was another very rude thing to say about someone whom you don’t know. I’m sure now that we have never met. Will you publicly state why you have taken this position against me? Have I in some way that I’m not aware of offended you? I’m certainly not above apologizing to you or anyone if I have done so. Even if you didn’t mean the words to be as harsh as they are, you shouldn’t post something like that unless it is with complete clarity.

Regarding the TOTM, I never mention it, never, but you did.

Regarding the dip, which I posted in 2004, why does it offend you that I posted it? That didn’t make me “the guru or something†as you stated. I have used that dip, which is nothing, for many many years now. If that was used by someone long before I posted it, well that’s great. Who cares about getting credit for it? I’m a reefer; I don’t need credit for anything. You need to read the very first line in the Dip Post again, here’s the link

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451720&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

And if you knew about a dip like this one, long before I posted it and to make a statement about it 2 years after I posted it, then sir why didn’t you share/post it long before I did in 2004?

“I'm not trying to bash Mucho or anythingâ€. Then what my friend do you think you were doing if you weren’t bashing? You went from talking about the heat in Seattle to questioning me in the next sentence until the end of the paragraph. Do you see that, and I wasn’t even a member here. Is this a common practice?

Guess who said this, “I think Mucho makes a great point about researchâ€, “I think Mucho has some great questions/feedback on the situationâ€. “Great advice as usual Muchoâ€. You did my friend, you said those things. You said “AS USUAL†so why, why would you flip it now? See the links below.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=723529&highlight=coralnutz+mucho

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=812566&highlight=coralnutz+mucho

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=768974&highlight=coralnutz+mucho

You never once questioned my nickname, the dip, my background or my qualifications on RC. I even commended you on your remarks in every thread that you’ve posted when I also posted on RC.

My qualifications? My qualifications for what? To do what? I’m a reefer, just like you and everyone else here, what qualifications do I need for that. I enjoy listening, reading, experimentation, discovery, sharing, helping and learning. I’m currently working on a project that will take a few more years to complete. When I’m finished, I want to send you a copy of the first printing. Not out of anger, but just to show you how dedicated I am to what I have enjoyed doing for over 13 years now.

In closing, you took extreme advantages of your liberties as an Administrator to take cheap shots at me. Now the discussions are about you and your conduct. I will however pray for you and forgive you. And no, I’m not asking you for an apology as I’m sure you won’t give me one in public or in private. And I would never think of posting what you’ve posted. I don’t know you, so I won’t make disparaging remarks to you or about you either. Since we’ve never met, why didn’t you just send me an email with your concerns and I could have answered every single one of them for you, in private. This is why I say this is an attack even though you stated it wasn’t. I was ask by one of your members to join CZ, but it's clear to me by your statements above that I'm not welcome here.

I want to extend my sincere apologies to the entire Club Zoa staff and its many members for wasting this valuable space and your time with such a lengthy, petty and defensive response. It is my sincere hope that one day we can all agree/disagree and not make such blatant and unfounded statements in public. Statements or questions such as the ones above can very easily be answered with a PM or Email. And please don’t bother to say I’m being a cry baby about this, you opened this door, not me. Coralnutz, there’s no war between you and me; it’s squashed, there’s enough negativity online and I refuse to be apart of any of it.

I wish you well sir.

Mucho Reef

PS. There are three things I think are going to kill this hobby, price gouging, a lack of education/knowledge and flaming. I hope and pray that I am 100% wrong.

Coach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralnutz,

I understand that you are the site administrator; however, I do not understand your comments. Have you ever met Mucho Reef? Your present comments do not seem to mix with your former comments about Mucho.

I personnally do know Mucho and consider him a friend on a family basis and a reefer basis. For someone to say that he is condescending is beyond me. He is a very meticulous person and everything must be done just right. I have seen his tank; it is immaculate. I had to watch it for a week and I had very precise directions given to me for its care. Condescending, no--thorough, yes.

As far as his qualifications, he is a reefer with 14 years of experience and is willing to experiment so that others may benefit. He intentionally infected his tank once, to see if there was a cure. He risked his entire tank, not yours or mine. Naturally this was just the last step in his research experimentation. As far as I know, he does not hold any degrees in zoology; however, I have known many people with academic degrees that did not know what to do with the knowledge that they had gained. I have taught biology for over 20 years and know that some of the research that he does is similar to what a paid researcher does.

As far as his character, I have found him to be a very giving man. He has helped so many people. There are many newbies in the hobby that have received free corals from him. There were no strings attached, he just wanted to help them out. He helped me out (not necessarily free) on many aspects of my tank. As I stated earlier, he is a friend of the family. In fact, my daughters call him "Uncle". Now if you know Mucho, you understand the irony of that term.

By the way, I registered for this site just to make this post. I used to live in Michigan, but moved to Florida this summer. When I heard news of a friend being bashed, I went to the site and wanted to defend. I was appalled when I found out that the site administrator was the one doing the attack. As near as I can tell Mucho had never posted on this site before. What kind of a site is this? Oh, when I filled out my registration, I had to agree to the terms. It said that I could not use vulgar language; however, it obviously is allowed. Look at the words used higher up in this thread. The $$'s don't change the vulgarity. Coralnutz, you also took my Lord's name in vain with your abbreviation.

I just don't understand.

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, no bashing or "personal complaining", simply speaking honestly about how some of the posts come across from Mucho.

Don't take it too hard at all Mucho, as we all have appreciated some of the articles you've penned. You have a gift for writing things in an easy to understand manner.

You did break the "mentioning grief central over 10 times in a single post" rule though! :)

Take care all, Bryan

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider Mucho as a reefer friend since he's the first person I bought zoas frags from.. he hooked up a "newbie" for a lack of a better term... he's very friendly and always try to help out.. he's a guy I would listen to when it comes to keeping zoas as he's got the results to prove it... I've seen his tank in person... and is very well kept..

as for the reply coralnutz posted, I know that it's not meant to bash Mucho at all.. maybe it should've been worded differently but it is not meant to bash...

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who are these people sending you messages that you're character had been **** upon? i have better things to do, then and now. I remember reading coralnutz' reply shortly after he wrote it and thinking it was a bit harsh, but the worst thing he said was you might be a little condescending, which you only make me think is true with your over the top response.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sigh* I think this is the downside of forums and e-mail in the sense that a persons comments can be misinterpreted because you cannot tell the tone of their voice or the emphasis in typed words. Do I think that coralnutz should have said mucho comes across as condescending....definitely not but I also know from experience that in writing comments on-line it is easy to make a mistake in how you word things much easier than it is to offend someone in person. I like mucho a lot and as I said previously in this thread I do believe he has contributed a lot to the keeping of zoas in aquaria. If it weren't for mucho's posting about the nudi eating fish I might have given up keeping zoas because of all the pests that come with them. I also like coralnutz a lot and he has shown me great compassion, patience and understanding when I had to delay sending his frags in our frag swap for months plural when he was the one who actually invited a lot of great reefers into the swap and orchestrated it. Perhaps the post should just be removed and any further discussion of this limited to e-mail or private messages. I truly hope you guys can work things out because I like both of you a lot and would hate to see a poor choice of wording cause any sort of rift.

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.....this is a low drama, 'all good' kind of website....Mucho, I think you've taken Coralnutz comments all wrong. You were the one who posed the question about how people would feel if 'Reefer A' were to do articles, and it was all big deal, mysterious like....so honestly when I heard it I though you'd lined up Jreimer to do some writing for RC or something. I don't see any disrespect in asking what ANYONES background is, no one is too good to explain how they got to be in a position to write factual articles. Especially when the question was posed to the public, 'How would you feel about it?' Doesn't make ANY sense to ask for such input, and not expect your average reefer to say wonder, 'Who is Reefer A and what makes them qualified?"

I can't believe how personally Mucho has taken this, and how hard he's blowing about it. "Please inform the rest of us sir who are you to ask or even question my, or anyone’s background" Umm...duh....we all ask each other about our backgrounds.....I ask you Mucho: Who are you Sir, to feel it above you to be asked your background and just answer the question?

I think Mucho has a wealth of knowledge about zoas. If he wrote articles, I’d read them. But I can do without the dramatic pose, and constant prefacing of, 'no no...don't thank me....i am just a little person....' every other sentence. If you didn't know what I meant before, his latest performance should clear that up for you.

Mucho, you asked people what they thought, and the people responded. Coralnutz simply didn't know you (as a lot of the relatively new blood in the high rolling collectors may not), what’s so demeaning about just answering the question? Any author often prefaces his articles with , 'John Doe has 20 years diving experience off the coast of Fiji, and has....' That is all Coralnutz was asking...and he certainly didn't think the question would evoke such a drama laden response from you.

Kam

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, can I get some help on an ID, and an estimated worth for one of my zoa colonies? I just bought it from my LFS, and I wanted to know if I got a good deal on something superduperexoticandrare....

Life is too short. Smile everybody :)

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Ugly said:
Btw, can I get some help on an ID, and an estimated worth for one of my zoa colonies? I just bought it from my LFS, and I wanted to know if I got a good deal on something superduperexoticandrare....

Life is too short. Smile everybody :)

you better send half of the colony to me for closer examination!

8)

TruckingMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have known Mucho for 10 years now. He's solely responsible for me getting into the hobby. I said that I wouldn't get involved in this, but I was told about this thread and I had to sign up to respond. I have near met someone who was as willing as he was to help out a new person in reefing. He has taught me everything I know about keeping corals. I can say without a doubt in my mind, that I have never heard a mean, rude or condescending word or tone out of his mouth. I think that is was a cheap shot that should have been handled more discretly. Just can't see why he was singled out. If you are going to question him, why not question everyone? Just my opinion and I hope peace will revail. Please talk to each other and let it go.

Trucking Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back