Who is still having app photo issues and what device are you using?

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had app photo issues for many many months... it got to the point that I quit getting on R2R all together. Would be nice to be able to view pictures that I post or others post.

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see photos not uploaded from photobucket as in anything loaded from a phone I can not see on my.phone even ones I post from my phone I'm using HTC One android

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had app photo issues for many many months... it got to the point that I quit getting on R2R all together. Would be nice to be able to view pictures that I post or others post.

This also I haven't been as active because of it, it would be nice to see all the photos

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You used the site before we had an app didn't you?

Honestly the app is free and it's not on the daily top of the list. I will however have someone look further into this.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks rev. I know there are bigger fresh to fry and it doesn't keep me from using the heck out I the app on my android. I it helps any it seems that photos uploaded with photobucket work just fine.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems that this is a android user only issue. Anyone else?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks rev. I know there are bigger fresh to fry and it doesn't keep me from using the heck out I the app on my android. I it helps any it seems that photos uploaded with photobucket work just fine.

Thanks and it does. Make me wonder if forum attached photos are the problem. Can someone with an android device do some testing?

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah whenever im on the app very rarely can I view pictures. I use the website mostly because I like it more but when I upload photos it's easier with the app. Sometimes I do have a little glitch where it takes 2-3 times before it actually uploads the photo but its a very minor issue
Oh and I have a galaxy note 2

Last edited:

AquaAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iPhone here

Some photos I can't see are most of the fish database photos. They come up as a question mark. An example is the Chevron Tang pic. I can't find a way to view it unless I go to the full site in safari.

Some photos are annoying because they can't be enlarged to the photo view in the app but they open an external link to other websites in safari.

Let me know if you need anything questions answered from an iPhone person. I use the app more than anything else.

grumpy-crab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used the site before we had an app didn't you?

Honestly the app is free and it's not on the daily top of the list. I will however have someone look further into this.

I'm not trying to be rude by any means... the app actually increased my participation in the forum to the point that its all I used. I don't have time to get on the laptop and check the site with my busy schedule between the Army and civilian life. Yes I used the site before the app but not very much. To begin with the app was perfect then the photo issue happened and I could see the pics from going through the web link option. But that option doesn't work either anymore on the Android app.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not trying to be rude by any means... the app actually increased my participation in the forum to the point that its all I used. I don't have time to get on the laptop and check the site with my busy schedule between the Army and civilian life. Yes I used the site before the app but not very much. To begin with the app was perfect then the photo issue happened and I could see the pics from going through the web link option. But that option doesn't work either anymore on the Android app.

Have an update happening now and hopefully this will resolve issues.

TonsOfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not trying to be rude or anything to fellow reefers, or the great Rev by any means... if you can see I made a couple posts in this thread previously. Suck it up like I did and download tapatalk. Ive had no issues with viewing pics on this app and it has totally gotten me addicted to this forum! I think of it as an investment in my reef from all the valuable information I have received.

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the app for quite a while now, and for the past week, it has started saying that the photo's I am trying to upload from my iphone are not a valid image file. I'm not sure why it is doing this, it used to be perfectly fine.

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess claim victory too early. Pics stop working again. Did you change anything? Galaxy sIV android OS

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There should be an update available now for android devices.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back