Who is still using Profilux 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
DCReefer

DCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3.1a don't have embeded ethernet port
Got you. Then I am in luck.
Resized_20201130_115710001.jpg
Resized_20201130_115218001002.jpg
Resized_20201130_115232001002.jpg

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a workhorse but will not be updated anymore as I know it. Latest FW 3_V643

Sincerely Lasse
Not true.

A new firmware to support IOND is in stock.

All firmware updates got P4 version and P3 version too. 6.43 firmware for P3 was the 7.20 for P4
7.21, 7.22 and 7.23 was only for P4 because concern only P4 problems.
7.24 is an exception, it increase numbers of dosing pumps and pab devices supported. I think it will P4 only.
7.25 for P4 and 6.44 for P3 will add final IOND support.

Gael

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new firmware to support IOND is in stock.
Glad to here that GHL still add new features to the P3 line.

And there is features in the P3 that is not in the P4 yet (I hope it will be because I miss the possibility to run dynamic nominal values in the P4) and to have a static table for that.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
DCReefer

DCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to here that GHL still add new features to the P3 line.

And there is features in the P3 that is not in the P4 yet (I hope it will be because I miss the possibility to run dynamic nominal values in the P4) and to have a static table for that.

Sincerely Lasse
Elaborate @Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The webinterface is outdated, but works.
Yes LOCAL webinterface is outdated but once connected to myGHL webinterface via myghl.com is same as P4.
App GHLConnect. is the same for P3 & P4 and can also be used locally with P3.
Local web interface is only useful for people who don't want connect they Controller to Internet and/or use only GHLConnect app.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also some little things differ with P4, for exemple P4 allow 24 dimming points in illuminations, P3 only 12. (Since Mitras LX7, P4 have newer hardware).

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local web interface is only useful for people who don't want connect they Controller to Internet and/or use only GHLConnect app.
I disagree in this, The local web interface in P4 is very good in daily works because it is much faster compared with using my GHL. The local web interface of P3 is only for observation but for P4 it is usable for all thing you want to do (nearly). In my work that include both P3.1T and P4 do I use the local web interface for P4 and the MyGHL interface for the P3.1T. The MyGHL interface for P3 is the same as the interface for the P4

Yes P4 have more options - it is the modern version.

Aside diming points - you have the possibility to use 32 dosing pumps - P3 still only 16

The two things that i miss most with the P4 is that dynamic nominal values not work yet in P4. This is a thing that most people do not use - but I have some application where I want to use that feature.

The next thing I miss is the possible to use an virtual image of the control window in the P3. It means that you do not need to program virtual probes and do probe calibrations from the unit itself. You can sit on the GCC and do this things with help of this feature. I hope it will come to the P4 too.

But i love the P4 and some of the extra things it add - and will add in the future. What I love with GHL is that they put in a lot of effort to not force you to get the newest hardware in order to use the extra things they develop, They try to make everything backward compatible, I can still use my old digital (and even the not digital) power bars developed for P2 to my P4 (however not to P4E). I can still use my old dosing pumps to P4 (not P4E). These equipments use the S interface - not the PAB interface

IMO - the P3 you got is a very good first step into the GHL universe.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
DCReefer

DCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. I am having issues connecting my P3 to GCC. I appears that I have a usb driver issue. Currently running Windows 10. My current firmware is 6.07

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the P3 for more than 12 years, with some upgrades. It works great.
Sometimes I think about switching to P4, but when I realize that all the things I want the device for may be done equally well, why spending the money?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back