Who is testing and dosing potasium?

sticksreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
284
Reaction score
115
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Was wondering who is testing and dosing for potassium in an sps reef tank?

What are you using to test and dose? Benefits?

Thank you!
 
I have to. My reds and pinks are better with it around 400ppm. Mine drops drastically in a few days. When I added my calcium reactor it REALLY dropped. I use the Salifert black box kit. I find it to be quite simple to use. I'll be comparing it to my ICP results in the next few weeks. I look for 390-400 on the kit.

I'm dosing Potassium Chloride at 35g to 500ml rodi and dose 13ml/day.
 
I have to sometimes. Probably should test it since it’s been a few months... as long as I am not using a carbon source heavily it doesn’t drop too much though.
 
Thank you guys! I will start testing for it since im running a calcium reactor with low/no qater change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new