Who makes custom tank lids?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a custom tank lid that’s not going to break the bank. Already contacted Octo Lids and although he was rather quick with the response I think $165 for a 24x24 with 3 cutouts is a little out my budget. But anyone know of anyone else?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place I've ever really heard of doing stuff like that is artfully acrylic but they're likely to be out of your budget too for a custom lid.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one from Artfully Acrylic.....like others said, it is expensive for what you get and there is a long lead time once you order it.

Robert M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn’t be that hard or expensive to DIY. Grab a cheap sheet of clear acrylic from Home Depot (or similar), a plastic scoring knife and a straight edge. Score the acrylic using the knife and straight edge to the size you need, then carefully snap the acrylic along the score by bending on a table. You can silicone two pieces together to give a bend if you want and silicone on a plastic handle. Depending on the size you need, you could probably DIY for as low as $20-$50.

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea came out with some. Not sure how custom you can go with them, but they are far less expensive.

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't an acrylic lid warp? I have a small acrylic lid on my overflow and I have to turn it over every couple of weeks due to it warping up. I would think a glass lid would be better. You can also get the top hinges and handle to make it look professional.

Robert M

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, a thin acrylic sheet definitely would warp. A thicker sheet or glass would be needed.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have BRS diy ones on my 135 and 25 but I have a few cutouts on my 57 like the intake of my filter and the radion light mount.

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My distributor is showing them in their online catalogue, but not yet in stock. Would imagine you will see them available at your LFS soon.

FreddyTw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a custom tank lid that’s not going to break the bank. Already contacted Octo Lids and although he was rather quick with the response I think $165 for a 24x24 with 3 cutouts is a little out my budget. But anyone know of anyone else?

You have a Nice Fish Tank!!!! Contact TOPLIDS ate www.safetoplids.com

i bought my fish tank lid with Mr. Fernando And Mr. Fabio

You can Call to 801 920-6139

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-16 at 00.15.46.jpeg

Back