• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Who needs live rock? 4 bucks a lb

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Bump. Still got a ton. Need to get it sold.
I was looking for some rock to make more cave structures with but from your pic it looks like it's mostly large pieces? I'm looking for more like small pieces like come in marco staxx or whatever to build some portable cave like structures. That way when I introduce new fish I can easily switch caves around and manage any aggression that appears.

OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was looking for some rock to make more cave structures with but from your pic it looks like it's mostly large pieces? I'm looking for more like small pieces like come in marco staxx or whatever to build some portable cave like structures. That way when I introduce new fish I can easily switch caves around and manage any aggression that appears.
There was a variety, but I did just take a load off to emerald bay over the weekend. What's left Is larger pieces, and cool shaped pieces.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There was a variety, but I did just take a load off to emerald bay over the weekend. What's left Is larger pieces, and cool shaped pieces.
Gotcha. I was hoping to find some man-made caves that were reef safe but it doesn't seem to be any options out there. So looks like I'll be making some myself lol.

OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I inherited 3 man made ones that were reef safe but are apparently not made anymore. I love using them because its so easy to rearrange the aquascape and make all the fish find new homes, especially with having multiple tangs in the tank.
Oh absolutely!! Thst sounds perfect.for tang aggression

What is a good measure of success in this hobby? Choose all that apply!

• Tank Grown Coral Colonies

Votes: 258 73.7%
  • Colorful Corals

Votes: 198 56.6%
  • In Tank Coral Reproducing

Votes: 169 48.3%
  • Coraline Algae

Votes: 140 40.0%
  • Established Tank Time

Votes: 120 34.3%
  • Healthy Fish

Votes: 232 66.3%