Who tests for Potassium and/or Iron?

NeedBiggerTank

MTRC Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I don't seem to have enough test kits already (HAHAHA), I was wondering who tests for Potassium and/or Iron? I've looked at the Red Sea Professional kits a couple of times at a LFS, who added their display a couple of months ago. These are two things I don't test for, and just wondered what their benefits were... small? big? unecessary?

They have some of these test kits at BRS, so now would be a good time to buy it, since I'm in on the group buy. They have a test kit that tests K, Fe, I2. I already have an Iodine test kit, but its cheaper to but the "Red Sea Colors Multi-test" kit, than to buy the K and Fe test kits seperately.

And on a related note - has anyone used these Red Sea Professional test kits? Do you like them? What about the Red Sea Supplements? They are on the same display at the LFS as the test kits. BRS doesn't seem to carry the supplements from Red Sea - but they do carry supplements from Elos and KZ.

I currently use all SeaChem suppliments/additives and am very happy with them - but am always re-evaluating what I dose and who makes it.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UNLS systems are reported to use up Kallium (potassium) quicker but I'm not sure of Iron. K balance is a suppliment frequently used by zeovit users. I myself use zeo and occasionally dose K when my caps start to fade and the Kallium brings the colors right back. I also use a NW skimmer (as opposed to the recommended venturi w/ modified beckett) which is reported to precipitate out elements including potassium (Kallium) in UNLS systems.

KZ makes a test kit for potassium but it's difficult to read. Elos makes a bit more user friendly one imo.

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zef tests for those I believe. K gives you pretty red colors. Fe I don't know as I dont test this.

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Dose Potassium but Iron is mainly for Algae growth, I just use very little after water changes as I don't have a test for it.
Bill

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back