Who to contact about defective ICP tube cap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I bought my first ICP test the other day and was waiting until after a few days post water change to send in the test. I opened the box and the screw on cap looks like it has some sort of white staining/precipitate on it. The cap should be a smooth silver color, but this one looks defective.

338AD925-4D09-4DCD-AB1C-F86076E5CA4D.jpeg

When I touch the white area it feels smooth-ish and I can’t flake any of the white “stuff” off. On the box it has Coral Vue listed, but I didn’t see anything on their forum pertaining to ICP so I’m posting this here.

what the heck am I supposed to do with this? I paid $30 for this tube and there’s no way I can reasonably trust what my water sample results would show given parts per billion accuracy. Any ideas?

Any help isappreciated.

Thanks!

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I bought my first ICP test the other day and was waiting until after a few days post water change to send in the test. I opened the box and the screw on cap looks like it has some sort of white staining/precipitate on it. The cap should be a smooth silver color, but this one looks defective.

338AD925-4D09-4DCD-AB1C-F86076E5CA4D.jpeg

When I touch the white area it feels smooth-ish and I can’t flake any of the white “stuff” off. On the box it has Coral Vue listed, but I didn’t see anything on their forum pertaining to ICP so I’m posting this here.

what the heck am I supposed to do with this? I paid $30 for this tube and there’s no way I can reasonably trust what my water sample results would show given parts per billion accuracy. Any ideas?

Any help isappreciated.

Thanks!
Who did you buy it from? Start there.

OP
OP
G

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went back to the store and they said it looked like it was just some glue for the caps but it should be fine.

We opened the other two ICP boxes in the store and they also had the same whitish film. Seems like a bad batch. They said I could return it, but I said I would hold onto it while I gathered more info.

Am I not correct in thinking that this substance will be too risky to trust the water results?

I’m thinking I may need to return it and buy from another store. Maybe I will ask BRS as they seem knowledgeable.

What’s the verdict from you guys?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back