OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t find it blue at all. Would definitely call it a more “white” combo, but that’s just me. I’ve got kessils with 4 t5. 2b+/2c+.

I put a 6 bulb sunpower over my frag tank and tried experimenting with other combinations (purple plus, actinic, etc). I think I’ll just end up going with the B+/C+. Can’t beat it!

d2043e5d6aeaa2053c6239a940b03ebf.jpg
Wow nice set up!!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until today I was running c+, 2 b+ and 1 actinic. Was keeping LPS in lower part of tank thinking from other research I had correct par for their growth. Sps up high live but do not grow. Borrowed an apogee par meter from the club I belong to and mapped out the tank. Par was quite a bit lower than expected and I swapped the actinic for a c+ and increased the par in the par by 10% overall in all areas. I certainly recommend renting or borrowing a par meter now. I have a better understanding of what the bulbs are producing now.

Do keep in mind that the sensor on the PAR meter under samples the spectrum the actinic is putting out so the difference in PAR is actually less (or non-existant). It will also over sample greens and red (e.g. Coral+, Purple+, ABS, etc.), which can further exacerbate the issue. Lastly, there are a couple sensors for the Apogee, which can cause even larger deltas. When it comes to the T5s, pick the look you like because they will all grow your corals with relatively equal PAR.

46774339222_262eb9a7e4_b.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back