who uses an acclimation box to introduce new fish?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think this box would also work with aclimating Tangs??

I've used it for all new additions, so yes. I also place a mirror on the side of my tank for a day when I release any tangs into the display if there are existing tangs already in there. It diverts their energy to kicking their reflections butt all day long!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marvin! I use an acclimation box as well and release the new fish when the aggression behavior subsides in the display which is usually just 2-3 days.

I had a big male Rosefacia and it was the meanest of all my wrasses. I actually removed a pair of them because of the attitude. After they were gone, the Rhomboids took over and they are gone too ;)
LoL. yeah, I've heard about your Rhomboids.

I'm hoping that the big Lineatus can keep everyone in check. next to him, the Hooded is the one that's flaring and flashing the new arrivals. the Laboutei is 1/3 larger than the Hooded and still flare and flashes the Laboutei. I'm not really concerned about the Hooded coz I've seen some mean Laboutei's too. the one I have atm seems to be flaring back at the Hooded. :)

I guess I'll really just admire the Rosefascia from a far. I'll just save up more pennies to afford some Johnsoni's. or you never know some Earlei's will be available in the next year or so. one can hope anyway. ;)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My young Rhomboids have been doing a bit of sparring lately. Usually after the halides go off and just my T=5 actinics are on.
But they never mix it with the big boy.
My conde is Still my pain in the butt.

014-20.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back