who uses an acclimation box to introduce new fish?

Do you guys think this box would also work with aclimating Tangs??

I've used it for all new additions, so yes. I also place a mirror on the side of my tank for a day when I release any tangs into the display if there are existing tangs already in there. It diverts their energy to kicking their reflections butt all day long!
 
Hey Marvin! I use an acclimation box as well and release the new fish when the aggression behavior subsides in the display which is usually just 2-3 days.

I had a big male Rosefacia and it was the meanest of all my wrasses. I actually removed a pair of them because of the attitude. After they were gone, the Rhomboids took over and they are gone too ;)
LoL. yeah, I've heard about your Rhomboids.

I'm hoping that the big Lineatus can keep everyone in check. next to him, the Hooded is the one that's flaring and flashing the new arrivals. the Laboutei is 1/3 larger than the Hooded and still flare and flashes the Laboutei. I'm not really concerned about the Hooded coz I've seen some mean Laboutei's too. the one I have atm seems to be flaring back at the Hooded. :)

I guess I'll really just admire the Rosefascia from a far. I'll just save up more pennies to afford some Johnsoni's. or you never know some Earlei's will be available in the next year or so. one can hope anyway. ;)
 
My young Rhomboids have been doing a bit of sparring lately. Usually after the halides go off and just my T=5 actinics are on.
But they never mix it with the big boy.
My conde is Still my pain in the butt.

014-20.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new