Who uses reef breeders led

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm liking the light alot. It's quite nice. Still playing with setting and such. I may throw a couple of 10000k in there. I'm used to all 10000. There's a lot of blue which is nice.

xXMCGRAWXx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1369626153.099922.jpg

Changed out some leds on mine last night kept all the blues and changed the rest to 14000k cool whites

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you liking it compared to stock 4500?

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered two 10000 and two 14000.
Was it easy to swap them?

xXMCGRAWXx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two photon 16 units changed out 44 bulbs total took me about 2 to 3 hrs once I figured out a good method on soldering them back on it was real easy you'll need a good soldering iron I recommend something that gets around 1000 degrees from my experience

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do 10k and 14k leds, only use a few. In my experience they do not put out anywhere near the same spectrum as a 10k or 14k halide, and they wash out colors.

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only be using two, just for effect.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fixture looks a little too blue, remove the optics and lower it if needed. I like the look better, and I still have plenty of par to the sandbed being at 24" height. Optics can sometimes mess with coloring/spectrum a bit.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions. What are the dems of the Nova A4 and wattage? Also, whats the wattage of the Photon 24? Thanks.

will846

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so on a 105 gallon dsa tank. Measurements are 48x24x21.5. It has a center brace. What light or lights would you recommend.

herefishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for owners of these led's who may have experienced problems with them...I bought three value units and received them mid February. they have been running approximately 3 1/2 months. Today, when the lights turned on, one of the units failed to turn on the all blue channel. I can not get that channel to turn on, the fan does not even run. Switched power cords, different outlet. Nothing. It is dead. I left word with Logan and am still waiting to hear. In the meantime has anyone experienced this with these fixtures? Or any other fixture? What could the problem be...what am I missing?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for owners of these led's who may have experienced problems with them...I bought three value units and received them mid February. they have been running approximately 3 1/2 months. Today, when the lights turned on, one of the units failed to turn on the all blue channel. I can not get that channel to turn on, the fan does not even run. Switched power cords, different outlet. Nothing. It is dead. I left word with Logan and am still waiting to hear. In the meantime has anyone experienced this with these fixtures? Or any other fixture? What could the problem be...what am I missing?
I got back to you asap. Give me a day or 2 on the weekends, lol. It is a driver issue, and very easy to replace. Please reply to my email, and we will go from there.

herefishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Logan...I figured weekends would take a bit longer...I responded to your email. Looking forward to the new driver. Thank you for the prompt attention.

Pinemere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I unfortunately had the same problem with a driver on my Photon 32, and Logan sent me one ASAP. Customer service is top notch here imo. It sounds like there were a few bad ones out of a hundred. It still has not made me regret my decision to buy one.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back