Who uses reef breeders led

herefishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bringing this to the top with the hope someone can post a picture of how they installed these fixtures in their canopy. I just ordered 3 of these and with pictures speaking a thousand words, anyone have any they can share to give me ideas on installation?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have mine sitting in a suspended hood.

549116_555718927775740_1106809210_n.jpg

536641_555718997775733_306199966_n.jpg

This is how I have mine suspended. They are in a shelf above the tank.

Sent from my C771 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

herefishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could install mine like those are. I like the look and the fixtures are kept out of the moister environment of a canopy. A lot of my tanks appeal, however, lays in the custom cabinetry framing the tank and connecting both the stand and canopy. So I must install inside the canopy and provide lots of ventilation...

ahtatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered some last week, and now im playing the waiting game. i just jumped into it and purchased a unit lol. these pics you guys are posting are making me anxious.

i have to led fixtures the same dimensions over my 75. i got a reef breeders unit for my 125 upgrade.
On my 75 i have a canopy suspended similar to skinz.
plywood with rectangles cut out the size of the unit with them sitting in the holes.

Bootstrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered some last week, and now im playing the waiting game. i just jumped into it and purchased a unit lol. these pics you guys are posting are making me anxious.

i have to led fixtures the same dimensions over my 75. i got a reef breeders unit for my 125 upgrade.
On my 75 i have a canopy suspended similar to skinz.
plywood with rectangles cut out the size of the unit with them sitting in the holes.

What unit did you order

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know what type of drivers they use? probably a more important question for life span of the unit than anything else

MadTownMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a photo of a unit over my friends 24 Cardiff. Overkill, but a beautiful color and tons of pop once I set a custom color.

I love the light and will probably customize one myself in the near future.

Jonny

I was on the edge and this thread has convinced me - I'm ready to order one of these! Hope you don't mind if I throw a couple questions your way - I really like how both the red and greens pop in that photo.

Which fixture is this; Controllable or the "Value"?

By custom do you mean you selected custom LED colors or optics or just turned the knobs for intensity?

Also - does anyone know if the heat sink for these is sufficient? (anyone put a cooking thermometer at the LED junction)?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the edge and this thread has convinced me - I'm ready to order one of these! Hope you don't mind if I throw a couple questions your way - I really like how both the red and greens pop in that photo.

Which fixture is this; Controllable or the "Value"?

By custom do you mean you selected custom LED colors or optics or just turned the knobs for intensity?

Also - does anyone know if the heat sink for these is sufficient? (anyone put a cooking thermometer at the LED junction)?

Happy New Year and welcome to Reef2Reef!

If you haven't already done so you should enter in this months Membership Drive contest sponsored by The Alternative Reef! The winner will receive an awesome hand made pillar valued at $250, just post a friendly hello in this thread to enter: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/me...f2reef-membership-drive-give.html#post1172301

DSC_0003-21.jpg

DSC_0004-23.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to answer your question on the heat sink being sufficient, the Value Fixture is fully enclosed so you can't see the heat sink but there is no place on the whole fixture that is much more than luke warm to the touch.

Dhunter1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my 2 24" controllables in last week.... Just hung them today... I don't have any corals yet so I can't say yea or nah to if my corals like them.... The remotes that they came with is a very nice feature, I'm still playing with the settings trying to find a nice color combo for my tank.... All and all they are very well made and easy to control... I will try and get some pics up here

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'd still love to see some pic's even if you don't have corals yet.

Just got my 2 24" controllables in last week.... Just hung them today... I don't have any corals yet so I can't say yea or nah to if my corals like them.... The remotes that they came with is a very nice feature, I'm still playing with the settings trying to find a nice color combo for my tank.... All and all they are very well made and easy to control... I will try and get some pics up here

And:

Happy New Year and welcome to Reef2Reef!

If you haven't already done so you should enter in this months Membership Drive contest sponsored by The Alternative Reef! The winner will receive an awesome hand made pillar valued at $250, just post a friendly hello in this thread to enter: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/me...f2reef-membership-drive-give.html#post1172301

DSC_0003-21.jpg

DSC_0004-23.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some picks would be nice I thinki might just get a value fixture for my smaller tank instead of t5 ho replacing the boulbs would cost almost as much

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one to try over my sump for a frag tank. Shipment supposed to be this week.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back