Who Wants Fuge Fixtures!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the ratio of LED's you used, the 5:1 red to royal blue is an odd combo but if it grows macro algae like everyone is saying then I might need to look into this more but my biggest issue is will hanging these over my macro algae chamber in my sump grow a ton of other gunk all over my sump or does the chaeto generally choke out everything else and grow like crazy?

And to continue with this what degree optic would you recommend? 40 or 60?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the ratio of LED's you used, the 5:1 red to royal blue is an odd combo but if it grows macro algae like everyone is saying then I might need to look into this more but my biggest issue is will hanging these over my macro algae chamber in my sump grow a ton of other gunk all over my sump or does the chaeto generally choke out everything else and grow like crazy?

And to continue with this what degree optic would you recommend? 40 or 60?
I prefer 90 degree optics, I used no optics, but the light spill with reds is too much, so the optics are purely to concentrate the light and keep it from growing algae everywhere. I haven't seen any nuisance algae growing in my sump, I guess the chaeto does choke it out a little. It does grow algae very well on my ats, and the flame algae is also doing well. So long as the macr algae is growing, it is removing the phosphates that fuel the nuisance algae growth, same with the ats.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much, I can make them dimmable if you want, but they really don't need to be, algae adapts pretty easily, with only about a week of not growing before it starts to take off. We have a new strip coming in that will be round $49, I will lyk how we like it.

Any update on this strip?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back