Who was it....?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS mentioned https://marinecollectors.com/ recently

nice site, never ordered from them, though. looks pretty high end, but prices don't seem too bad especially if they're legit quarantined.

Upon arrival, all fish are put into acclimation containers where we then add an ammonia detoxifier to the water to prevent any ammonia burn that could possibly occur, we also add an air stone to keep the water properly oxygenated. They are then put into a drip acclimation for up to two hours, and given a medicated 3 minute fresh water bath before being introduced into our Incoming Quarantine System(IQS). The fish will under go a preventative fresh water bath every other day for the first week in our care. The IQS is ran with a mixture of copper sulfate, nitrofurazone, and formalin. Depending on the circumstances we will will also utilize metronidazole, kanamycin, and praziquantel to aid in any other health issues that may potentially arise. Fish that we had the opportunity to keep before ship out will remain in this system for 14 days! If a particular specimen is with us longer than 14 days and it has not shown any signs of flaws (including but not limited to: parasites, body damage, infections,etc.), we move them into our Main Fish System(MFS) which has virtually no medication, the reason for this is to prevent any side affects that long term exposure to medications may inflict.

Every fish is closely monitored on a daily basis, we will meticulously watch the behavior of each individual, make sure its eating well, watch how much its eating, what its eating, if its getting enough food, and adjust our care accordingly. We also closely monitor to see is if there are any signs of parasites both internal or external. Fish with external parasites, will undergo freshwater baths daily to treat the infected specimen. If need be, we will also sedate the fish and manually remove the parasite as well, but this is usually a last resort if all else fails. For internal parasites, we give the fish a medicated food that will clean out all forms of internal pathogens. Following treatment, we will watch the specimen closely to ensure there are no reoccurring instances and make sure its improving so that by the time it gets to you, its in the best possible condition to stand the best chance to thrive in your tank!

curious what some of the QT pros think of their QT process, doesn't sound as thorough as some I've seen on this site

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back