Whole house filtration suggestion.

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have horrible water issues with my tank. I have a 6 stage RODI that treats anion resin like it’s candy. I want to get a system for the whole house and then still piggyback on my RODI for the tank.
Even when I replace every filter for the RODI, the lowest reading I can get is 2 TDS. That’s every single filter,resin and membrane!
I’m hoping this might help? Anyone have an issue with well water and do this?
if so, what whole house system would you suggest for about $500-600?

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have horrible water issues with my tank. I have a 6 stage RODI that treats anion resin like it’s candy. I want to get a system for the whole house and then still piggyback on my RODI for the tank.
Even when I replace every filter for the RODI, the lowest reading I can get is 2 TDS. That’s every single filter,resin and membrane!
Ouch,I live in Land O Lakes Fl and on a well. Well water has tremendous variability. Mine has very high iron and tannin content. Low phosphates, but high CO2 (which creates other issues). I have a whole house water filter and water softener - cost $3,500. I have a BRS 6 Stage RODI with Aquatech booster pump. My house water is around 2-4 TDS and I am getting a steady 0 from the RODI. Not sure there is such a thing as a whole house well water filter for $500 or $600.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Derek A
I recommend contacting liquagen
Also a sponsor

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried airating your RO water before it goes to your resins to rid the excess c02?
Fixed my issues. I was burning through maxcap and silica buster final cartridges in 100 gallons :/
Yes, I've heard about this but haven't researched how to DYI. Do you have any links to how to set this up? Is it difficult?

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried airating your RO water before it goes to your resins to rid the excess c02?
Fixed my issues. I was burning through maxcap and silica buster final cartridges in 100 gallons :/
I contacted brs to get a pump to do that today, that just fixes one of my issues though :(

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've heard about this but haven't researched how to DYI. Do you have any links to how to set this up? Is it difficult?
I don’t recall where I saw it, but it’s disconnecting your water after the membrane and then pumping it thru the resin after you gassed it off. It’s a pain...
Try looking up gassing off co2 RODI

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t recall where I saw it, but it’s disconnecting your water after the membrane and then pumping it thru the resin after you gassed it off. It’s a pain...
Try looking up gassing off co2 RODI
Its actually quite easy and how i prefer to batch make my water now.

RO goes into a brute can with airstone and mj1200 to mix overnight.

mj1200 with home made adapter then pumps water through the DI resins the next day.

20201028_191718.jpg

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mj1200 with home made adapter then pumps water through the DI resins the next day.

20201028_191718.jpg
That's it? I thought I read it needs to be at a certain range of PSI. Do you know what PSI that kind of set up produces?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it? I thought I read it needs to be at a certain range of PSI. Do you know what PSI that kind of set up produces?

PSI only really matters to your RO membrane.

Your RO permiate is basically a trickle anyways so the mj1200 pump is plenty sufficient to push water through your resins.
The mj1200 actually fills up a 5 gallon bucket with DI faster than if i let all 5 stages run together :)

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSI only really matters to your RO membrane.

Your RO permiate is basically a trickle anyways so the mj1200 pump is plenty sufficient to push water through your resins.
The mj1200 actually fills up a 5 gallon bucket with DI faster than if i let all 5 stages run together :)
how do you connect it back to the resin though, what does that connector look like?
i am looking to build one

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you connect it back to the resin though, what does that connector look like?
i am looking to build one

All of your housings should have push-to-connect fittings.
To remove, You simply depress the locking tab and pull the tubing out.
To connect, just push the tubing in until it stops.

All you need to do is unplug the RO permiate line that goes into the resins and replace with the tubing from the powerhead and then plug it in.

This is after it airates for 24+ hours.

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20201028_191718.jpg
What is the adapter made out of?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted brs to get a pump to do that today, that just fixes one of my issues though :(

I was going to mention the booster pump but you're already on it. I had the same issue as you,cooking through anion. Added the booster pump and I'm darn near a 1:1 ratio RODI to waste and 0 TDS. Good luck!

OP
OP
linkedsilas

linkedsilas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to mention the booster pump but you're already on it. I had the same issue as you,cooking through anion. Added the booster pump and I'm darn near a 1:1 ratio RODI to waste and 0 TDS. Good luck!
yea already have a booster pump!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back