Who's got the first corals from Fiji, after this long wait???

Nanoreefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A note I saw from my supplier said that the yellow Fiji leathers do not look yellow in actinic lighting. That may affect some Reefer’s decision on getting them if true. I don’t know myself, but if anyone does, feel free to reply to save someone some disappointment.
Very true. My dad and I just got rid of a bunch over the past week or so. The Aussie yellow leathers look more yellow under bluer light from what I’ve seen. Other than that, Fiji lobos, acros, fungias, nothing spectacular.

Paris by Night

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS in SoCal got in some wild/maricultured Fiji acros for $75 each. Bought a couple and had them hold for another week to check color and tissue. Picked up today and am setting up a small quarantine tank.

7910880E-0AF6-415E-9800-1E26AB8D70FA.jpeg

Going to dip in melafix pond then treated with Bayer after theyre settled in quarantine. 3/4 colonies have acro crabs so I’ll have to isolate the little buggers.

Snagged a yellow Porites colony online today as well.

Not to mention….
EFA43FFC-DDE9-4F74-BD81-F95A5257C20C.jpeg

Next time I’ll be faster cause these are a dream coral of mine.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS in SoCal got in some wild/maricultured Fiji acros for $75 each. Bought a couple and had them hold for another week to check color and tissue. Picked up today and am setting up a small quarantine tank.

7910880E-0AF6-415E-9800-1E26AB8D70FA.jpeg

Going to dip in melafix pond then treated with Bayer after theyre settled in quarantine. 3/4 colonies have acro crabs so I’ll have to isolate the little buggers.

Snagged a yellow Porites colony online today as well.

Not to mention….
EFA43FFC-DDE9-4F74-BD81-F95A5257C20C.jpeg

Next time I’ll be faster cause these are a dream coral of mine.
Cool Acros! At least they're something different. The bottom one looks like it might be A. Humilis? I used to have a gorgeous teal and purple one. I'd really love to buy a couple more of them. The smooth ones, there are so many that it's hard to identify them. I've definitely killed a few. :rolleyes:

Paris by Night

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Acros! At least they're something different. The bottom one looks like it might be A. Humilis? I used to have a gorgeous teal and purple one. I'd really love to buy a couple more of them. The smooth ones, there are so many that it's hard to identify them. I've definitely killed a few. :rolleyes:
Gotta be humilis, right? They one or two that looked more on the side of gemmifera. But this one is much longer and tablish. The gemmifera we’re doing the usual crystal bush look.

Hopefully these guys all pull through, only one I am slightly worried about would be the humilis. However, I believe he is just starved since going through holding tanks with low flow/ low light coming from a pristine place like Fiji would do that. So eh

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta be humilis, right? They one or two that looked more on the side of gemmifera. But this one is much longer and tablish. The gemmifera we’re doing the usual crystal bush look.

Hopefully these guys all pull through, only one I am slightly worried about would be the humilis. However, I believe he is just starved since going through holding tanks with low flow/ low light coming from a pristine place like Fiji would do that. So eh
Yeah, the Humilis I had back when was under very strong MH light and a high current to keep it happy.

It doesn't look sick, just dull, but that can be fixed. I think the right amount of light sooner rather than later will be of good benefit.

Humilis seems to be not as common as it was back maybe 10 years ago. I've seen some really beautiful ones.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both mine got in Fiji yellows and various acros and zoas. I got some “Fiji wilds” zoas. That’s what they named them (no pics but there’s like 3 different types of zoas on it). The acros came in pretty rough but were good size (softball or larger) colonies. One was nice enough to chase off a comensal crab to give to me.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back