whot food adds more No3 than Po4

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a type of food that's adds more nitrate to your tank than phosphate? just that my No3 is very low but po4 is creeping up to 0.07 ppm

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals you keeping?
I’m not aware of any food that would raise No3 faster than Po4. 99% of the Po4 you have in the tank is from food.

Edit- I also agree with the below statement that your Po4 is fine. My acro tank is .1 right now.

Last edited:

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed foods that benefits the fish most. combination of dry, frozen and live.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals you keeping?
I’m not aware of any food that would raise No3 faster than Po4. 99% of the Po4 you have in the tank is from food.

Edit- I also agree with the below statement that your Po4 is fine. My acro tank is .1 right now.
im about to add few corals as new running tank whots got 4 fish in there" running 3-4 months" only wonted sps more than lps so wonted to add little more No3 to keep in level with po4 I feed fish twice a day

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you have no cyano outbreaks because of a nutrient imbalance you’re doing just fine.
No need to tweak anything at this point. Also, I’d stay away from SPS until your tank has matured more.

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you have no cyano outbreaks because of a nutrient imbalance you’re doing just fine.
No need to tweak anything at this point. Also, I’d stay away from SPS until your tank has matured more.
thank you for the help bud" got little brown dusting on sand each end with sand impacting a little but just keep going through with turkey bayster and water change every few weeks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back