Why all the problems?

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is the Reef Aquarium Discussion section like a lobby of an ER in a hospital anymore?

Pre-covid... it use to be a Forum to get advice on techniques, good equipment to buy, etc etc.....practically everything talked about was moving your tank in a positive direction.

Now it's nothing but problems, failures, traumas, emergencies, panic attacks, catastrophes, disasters, flops, screw ups, defeats, debacles....

What in the heck is wrong with you ppl? Lol

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why is the Reef Aquarium Discussion section like a lobby of an ER in a hospital anymore?

Pre-covid... it use to be a Forum to get advice on techniques, good equipment to buy, etc etc.....practically everything talked about was moving your tank in a positive direction.

Now it's nothing but problems, failures, traumas, emergencies, panic attacks, catastrophes, disasters, flops, screw ups, defeats, debacles....

Because it is discussion and discussion forum on anything reef
It is often confused with lounge forum where it would be general discussion but try to convince people where it should be posted is near impossible
Same applies to emergency forum. Every day an emergency is posted as an example: WHAT FOODS SHOULD I FEED THIS GUY “
Emergency???

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Could it be that the covid hobby group got a lot of people in the hobby without a lot of background research or foundational skills of keeping tanks? Dont get me wrong..i was one of them (had some background in salt and fresh..but nothing at this level). with all of the idle time and money...people jumped in and inevitably a lot of problems came as people learned the craft in an abbreviated time frame.

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same applies to emergency forum. Every day an emergency is posted as an example: WHAT FOODS SHOULD I FEED THIS GUY “
Emergency???
(Edited bc I was going to be taken the wrong way(

I agree with the over use of EMERGENCY

But hasn't society turn into Narcissistic ppl who react to anything not going their way as a personal emergency?

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be that the covid hobby group got a lot of people in the hobby without a lot of background research or foundational skills of keeping tanks? Dont get me wrong..i was one of them (had some background in salt and fresh..but nothing at this level). with all of the idle time and money...people jumped in and inevitably a lot of problems came as people learned the craft in an abbreviated time frame.
This. Covid has totally upended aquaria. Like most hobbies it will settle down and whittle out those who got into it over the shiney thing syndrome.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Edited bc I was going to be taken the wrong way(

I agree with the over use of EMERGENCY

But hasn't society turn into Narcissistic ppl who react to anything not going their way as a personal emergency?

I called someone out for using the emergency tag because he had a small algae growth. When i called it out..i got a very narcissistic response on 'how dare I question him and his priorities and what constitutes an emergency is not mine to decide' and 'it is a true emergency because he didnt want the algae to spread'

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right. One many’s emergency is not another’s…..but it always reminds me of the sheep crying wolf. One day they might have a real emergency and no one will reply because they will think another snail got flipped over in the tank or something like that….

corey

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better question is why do you care OP? You do you and forget the rest.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%

Back