Why am I getting so many alarm notifications from my APEX?

mattnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I was on hold for 45 minutes with Neptune today and then got hung up on because they closed. I’ve got an optical liquid sensor in my RO water storage container and when the alarm triggers it goes off and on a couple of times and then when the water refills and reaches that area I get multiple notifications as well. I tired adding a defer line of code and that did not help. Any help would be appreciated! I don’t want to defer too long as I want to know immediately if the other sensor detects water under my stand. IMG_2985.png IMG_2986.png

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Move the defer to the bottom. I think that should fix it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding that is defer and min time statements do not matter where they are in the programming.
Im no expert at programming but I think you could try a min time statement instead of defer to essentially lock the status for a certain amount of time so that once it changes the status changing back and forth will be ignored for the set amount of time. It would still allow the leak switch to change instantly and not be deferred.
I believe you could also set up a virtual outlet so that you could program specific defer or min time statements only to that switch instead of having them apply to all switches. Then you can trigger the alarm from the virtual outlet.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back