Why are BTA’s so expensive?

Eye H8 Empty V

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
486
Reaction score
675
Location
Magnolia, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m getting back in the game after a 12 year hiatus. Back then Anemones we’re pretty inexpensive with exception to the crazy blue and green carpets. I saw 2 BTA’s for sale on here for $1800/ea. Is this normal? If I’m interested in buying one what is a reasonable price? No offense to anyone who has paid $1800 for a BTA.

Thanks!
 
Your probably looking at the most sought after btas.

The normal rose and rainbows btas are still about the same price as 10 years ago when I started the hobby.
 
Probably checking out a very rare type. I would say Normal price is around $40-$50 depending on the color and size. (RBTA/GBTA)
 
Not so sure? I just picked up a green bubble tip for about $40
I won’t pay more then $50 for anything but I’m also a newbie only been doing this for 1 year
 
Just joking here.......I hope they now cost $1800, since I got this BTA last year for around $150-$175.

2019-07-24_BubbeTippedAnenome.jpg


It just split two days ago and I now have two. (not joking about the Split)

And neither of my Two Clowns will get near it. :(

IN that Tank One Clown Hosts The HAIRY Mushroom Patch.
2020-02-27_ClownMushRoomPatch.jpg


The Other Clown THE PALY PATCH.
2020-02-27_ClownPalyPatch.jpg


And the two Picasso Clowns in my Future Frag Tank CHOSE SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
2020-02-27_ClownSpongeBobPineappleHouse.jpg
 
Last edited:
Well there are some BTAs that split like crazy and they go for a decent price. Others may take years to split and they're a bit more rare.

Although I will say that the prices are a bit high, I find that anemones fall closely to true supply and demand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new