OP
OP
Esquire805

Esquire805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems so - Try it, but gradually make those adjustments.
A01E9F07-7F10-4F3C-B173-F2EEB28E2F14.jpeg Mine are neon green, been that way for almost 3 years. They are in medium flow. They close up when I disturb them or food falls into their tentacles. Never for long periods of time. There’s probably something irritating them. Have your water chemistry or lighting changed a lot quickly.
No not really light have actually been turned down I plan on moving them to a smaller tank

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve learned that my Duncan’s like a certain range of nitrate/phosphate. I have the one tank that loses nitrate/phosphate like it was Ca/alk in a tank filled with nothing but clams (and no, I don’t dose carbon). I started having to add nitrate/phosphate with a Dino problem, and with having to test every week, I learned that my Duncans would close up, even for days if nitrate/phosphate got too high or too low (too low is pretty much zero).

Taundi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other heads look fine, perhaps something is bothering it? Is it getting blasted by a return or something?
I'm just starting out to get anemones for beginners. What is the best lighting to get it for 75 gallon tank? I currently have two over hanging lights and they actually have two blue and two white spectrum is in them. My anemone runs from my lights it seems

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ANEMONES DO NOT LIKE BRIGHT LIGHT. FR FUTURE, CONSIDER aI PRIME OR KESSIL a160 OR a360

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting out to get anemones for beginners. What is the best lighting to get it for 75 gallon tank? I currently have two over hanging lights and they actually have two blue and two white spectrum is in them. My anemone runs from my lights it seems
Anemones will move until they are happy, usually when the wander off it is because something has them stressed out. Can you provide more details about your system and the parameters please? Pictures are always helpful too!:D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back