Why are plugs so hard to cut?

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is more of a rant than anything, but why are plugs so badly designed. Do they just expect that most people remove the coral from the entire plug when they add to their tanks?

If they simply just put some divots into the shaft of the plug, it would make it so much easier to cut off. I just had to use both hands and an insane amount of pressure with some snips to get my last one off.

Its not like these plugs have to go through a lot. They could probably be made to break off by hand, and not to withstand a building landing on them.

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people assume that we are going to use the plugs. Theoretically, assuming that we will use the plugs they should be built to survive a lot. Saltwater is an extremly strong corrosive so it makes sense that they are so tough. But we don't use them so...

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a simple pair of wire cutters and they snap no problem

OP
OP
E

Ebbott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people assume that we are going to use the plugs. Theoretically, assuming that we will use the plugs they should be built to survive a lot. Saltwater is an extremly strong corrosive so it makes sense that they are so tough. But we don't use them so...

I'm fine with them being made of something that can handle saltwater, but I shouldn't need power equipment to break the stem. A simple divot would make this WORLDS easier. (I'm sorry for my bad ms paint skills)

1615066530081.png

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with them being made of something that can handle saltwater, but I should need power equipment to break the stem. A simple divot would make this WORLDS easier. (I'm sorry for my bad ms paint skills)

1615066530081.png

Not sure a graphic was entirely necessary to explain your point here lol. That being said I don’t think most people struggle with this...

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't buy some specialty frag tool. They will cost a bunch more. Just hit the hardware store and get some side cutters

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back