Why cant I find a wellsophyllia to buy

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason could be that somewhere around the turn of the century the experts claimed that Wellsophyllia didn't exist, and was in fact a Trachyphyllia. And then in 2014/2015 they said oops! We made a mistake, Wellsophyllia does exist. Supposedly you could only tell the difference when closely examining the skeletal structure (although I've got to believe DNA would also distinguish the differences.) You might wish to look at Trachyphyllia....they really look extremely similiar.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were commonly imported from Indonesia until the country decided to stop coral exports.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The indo ban has killed the Welso imports. If it comes from Ausi the world under its normally called a wilsoni. Which is just a little bit different than the wellso. The top coral is a true wellso, the right maybe, the bottom trachy
wellso 2.JPG

OP
OP
James w Lewis

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the colors did not in any way match. Funny you should post today because I just got a text from him saying to never order from his site again that I wasn’t welcome anymore. Why? Well he sent the coral next day before 1030 through UPS. The day it was supposed to be delivered there was a big storm and streets were flooded. UPS wouldn’t deliver it and they wouldn’t leave it anywhere I could pick it up. They said they would deliver it by 1030 the next day. I waited and at 11 it wasn’t here. I found the driver on the app and tracked him down and he was delivering crap at a strip center down the road. I was ticked and I made him give it to me. It didn’t get put in the water till 1:00. Of course it died. I told him about it and he said he would get the money from UPS. Almost two months later he had nothing, they kept telling him it was not their fault. So, I called my CC company and did a charge back. ****, it was 400 dollars. I guess he found out about it today and texted me telling me that I was not welcome to buy from him ever again. That’s fine. Everything I have ever bought from him died and it never looked like his pics or anywhere near it. I hated doing that but I’m not going to eat 400 bucks when it wasn’t my fault. He could have given me a credit and it would have been no skin off his ***

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like has been mentioned, as far as classification/taxonomy is concerned, Trachyphyllia is now synonymous with Wellsophyllia, vice versa.

If you like that multi lobed/grooved open brain look, checkout Australophyllia (formally symphyllia).

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the colors did not in any way match. Funny you should post today because I just got a text from him saying to never order from his site again that I wasn’t welcome anymore. Why? Well he sent the coral next day before 1030 through UPS. The day it was supposed to be delivered there was a big storm and streets were flooded. UPS wouldn’t deliver it and they wouldn’t leave it anywhere I could pick it up. They said they would deliver it by 1030 the next day. I waited and at 11 it wasn’t here. I found the driver on the app and tracked him down and he was delivering crap at a strip center down the road. I was ****** and I made him give it to me. It didn’t get put in the water till 1:00. Of course it died. I told him about it and he said he would get the money from UPS. Almost two months later he had nothing, they kept telling him it was not their fault. So, I called my CC company and did a charge back. ****, it was 400 dollars. I guess he found out about it today and texted me telling me that I was not welcome to buy from him ever again. That’s fine. Everything I have ever bought from him died and it never looked like his pics or anywhere near it. I hated doing that but I’m not going to eat 400 bucks when it wasn’t my fault. He could have given me a credit and it would have been no skin off his ***
Seems to be a common problem.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James sorry about your welso not making it. Two days in a bag should not of been a problem, unless the package got hot. And FYI all packages delayed because of mother nature are not covered by UPS.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back