Why cant I find a wellsophyllia to buy

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like has been mentioned, as far as classification/taxonomy is concerned, Trachyphyllia is now synonymous with Wellsophyllia, vice versa.

If you like that multi lobed/grooved open brain look, checkout Australophyllia (formally symphyllia).

I have Trachy’s and although smaller currently, They look a lot different to me

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Trachy’s and although smaller currently, They look a lot different to me
There are different types of trachyphyllia, geoffroyi, radiata that look different. You will not be able to tell a trachyphyllia from a wellsophyllia because its classified as trachyphyllia. Heres a radiata I kept, can you tell me if it's a wellso or trachy if I did not tell you?
20171022_083259.jpg
Screenshot_20191104-081616_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
James w Lewis

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James sorry about your welso not making it. Two days in a bag should not of been a problem, unless the package got hot. And FYI all packages delayed because of mother nature are not covered by UPS.

Maybe not but Im not eating the 360.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are different types of trachyphyllia, geoffroyi, radiata that look different. You will not be able to tell a trachyphyllia from a wellsophyllia because its classified as trachyphyllia. Heres a radiata I kept, can you tell me if it's a wellso or trachy if I did not tell you?
20171022_083259.jpg
Screenshot_20191104-081616_Gallery.jpg
Interesting, I had purchased two small pieces of a coral that CB called a welso-scoly hybrid of some sort. The coral photo looked really close to the first photo here, I wish I had kept that picture. I recently cut one of the pieces and called it scoly, thread on cutting it. Now I'm not sure...whatever it is I like it and now there's four.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back