Why can't I glue this frag plug

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shawnman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shawnman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2023
Messages
194
Reaction score
84
Location
Buffalo
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what am I doing wrong? I have tried gluing this same frag over 10 times and it just doesn't take. I'm not doing anything different than I haven't done in the last 2 years I've never had this problem before. I make a little ball of epoxy, superglue on top of that, set the coral plug on top of that, glue it, flip it over put some super glue on the bottom of the epoxy, and then stick it on the live rock. It's like the glue doesn't want to stick to anything. I have given up on two of them for the day and just leave them in the sand. Is this just me with this problem?
 
Can you drop some photos? Maybe there's some algae on the rock? It takes me a few times to get some frag plugs on my rock
 
What kind of coral? Is it a mushroom ?
It's just a regular frag plug. Brs glue, epoxy from Amazon. Ive glued alot of frags without incident except for an occasional problem. There's no algae to speak of on the rocks. It takes at least 3 tries per plug.
 
Is the epoxy sticking to the rock or is the plug falling off the epoxy ball? Could it be algae on or more mature rock that's causing it not to stick well?
I can glue the ball to the plug, it appears the glue won't adhere to the rock. One lasted for 3 hours before succumbing. I am literally not doing anything different than the other 50 frags. It may be more mature rock that has some coralline.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new