Why did my mushroom loose the bounce bubbles

Buck commander

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what's going on. All 3 rohodactis mushroom had 3 to 4 bubbles and now the have slowly disappeared.

I do run blues lights pretty strong.

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think that was a possibility, the bubbles are technically a “cancer” on the mushroom.
So maybe it healed...? I don’t know if that can happen though.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The bubbles on mine go blow up and deflate daily.

How long have they been gone?

Have any pics?

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think that was a possibility, the bubbles are technically a “cancer” on the mushroom.
So maybe it healed...? I don’t know if that can happen though.

I'm curious to know how they are any kind of tumor? Tumors are solid masses where as these bubbles on the mushrooms aren't.
As for why or how it disappeared, the same way it popped up. I have bubbles appear and disappear all the time on the mushrooms that have them. Some get really big, others don't.
From my experiences they're just "pockets" of water filled tissue. And the same way Yuma mushrooms swell and deflate, so will they.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what's going on. All 3 rohodactis mushroom had 3 to 4 bubbles and now the have slowly disappeared.

I do run blues lights pretty strong.

I'm not sure if the lights really have anything to do with it or not. IDK. I don't run blues except in the evening sometime after the t5 are off. The rest of the day all my stuff is under white light T5.

OP
OP
B

Buck commander

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry not the best pics but the first pic is now and the last 2 where with the bounce bubbles

20191124_101230.jpg 20190128_183958.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really don't know scientifically why they bounce and why they don't.

Some say higher light, some say higher parameters of alk and calcium some say lineage.

Looking back at pictures of my tank 2 years ago when I started with my first mushroom he looked like the first pic. This is when I first started my biocube and it still had the stock lights, I didnt check alk, cal or mag and I didnt have those parameters anywhere near stable.

The second pic is of the same mushroom in the same place of the tank after he has left his little colony and has no where else to move hahah it gets 6"+ across when he stretches out but now I have a hydra 32 over it instesd of the biocube lighting and I dose a 2 part and keep the parameters as stable as possible and some would say running a bit high in the main 3. But I like the way my corals look and react.
I use red sea so of course their are more accurate test kits but you get the idea.

Alk 11-12
Mag 1350-1400
Cal 460-480

Now that I have researched a little bit about mushrooms it seems to be a yuma godzilla gold but I could be wrong about that ;)

The funny thing is not all of my mushrooms bounce like that.

The 3rd pic is of another colony in the tank that has been in for about 6 months and isn't getting quite the same bubbles and I dont know why lol

Really I think it comes down to each mushroom is different and reacts to the superimposed lighting and nutrients we add to the tank to try and supplement the sun and ocean for them.

I'm sure if we were put into a box and fed weird stuff and sat under florescent lights all day we would start changing and looking weird also................................Oh shoot is that already happening :0

Screenshot_20191124-080110_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191124-081540_Gallery.jpg 20191124_081207.jpg 20191123_165611.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back