why do I have to rinse NEW live sand?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok that video is T Coach admit this is funny I did not know that prior. welp my grade has to stand now heh

I Know you took it to final rinse, the filming stopped too soon Ive seen the final assembly :) :)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no actual experience in either... 50 pages of something that Brandon likes ends the debate, but 50 pages of something that he doesn't like needs more investigation. Truth is that most of what we do is less about right and wrong and more about just different.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no actual experience in either... 50 pages of something that Brandon likes ends the debate, but 50 pages of something that he doesn't like needs more investigation. Truth is that most of what we do is less about right and wrong and more about just different.
Only 50 pages?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As readers can plainly see, when you pre rinse I guarantee you’ll skip cycle and have no risk of clouding, simple as that. Want to risk being in group from post #7, I’ll ask why? Post #44 is sheer perfection

The reason we pre rinse is for total control over the outcome

a prediction was made before the job, a measure given after, thats how we hone ideal procedure over time.

The OP here may indeed assemble without rinsing, it doesnt wreck all tanks. The majority clear in 1-5 days

But its not possible to directly tell someone who is about to assemble that their job will go perfectly without rinsing because of the collections on file where it didn't. you either want direct control of the outcome or you don't, that's an example of him seizing total control over the outcome before the job was ran.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back