Why do my anemones tenticles looks weird

  • Thread starter Thread starter elkman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

elkman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
33
Location
medfield
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this what it’s supposed to look like? It’s a bubble tip, the tentacles are kind of curling out I also saw my person crab ripping part of the tentacles the other day I’m just so confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4650.jpeg
 
are they waving in the flow?

BTA tentacles don't always bubble up, and in high flow and high light, they can be more wavy and lengthy as you see in that photo.

A video might be helpful to see what they are like in the flow.

Also, what is this "person crab" you speak of? you said you saw it take away a tentacle?
 
are they waving in the flow?

BTA tentacles don't always bubble up, and in high flow and high light, they can be more wavy and lengthy as you see in that photo.

A video might be helpful to see what they are like in the flow.

Also, what is this "person crab" you speak of? you said you saw it take away a tentacle?
Yeah I meant to say porclin crab who lives in the nem , I saw him rip one of the tentacles the other day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new