Why do you love your aquaiums?

Lizzybxi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am drafting a college essay right now and wanted to write about my hobby (fish keeping). I want to write the intro with a lot of descriptive imagery so the reader can close their eyes and vividly see a beautiful reef or planted aquarium. I wanted some feedback as to why you joined and stayed in this hobby. What about the fish/coral/chemistry interested you? How does it make you feel? I know its my college essay but I wanted to make it about the whole hobby since I'm a newbie to saltwater and because a lot of people think of it as a glass box full of water with fish. I know the majority of hobbyist see them as close pets just like any other dog, cat, etc.
 
This is the prompt I'm using
"Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new