Why do you Reef? We would like to know.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billldg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I reef for one main reason. Stress relief. I have tried many ways to calm down and one of the easiest ways for me is to sit in front of my tank and decompress. I’m not saying that reefing is always stress free but once I get the Tank leveled off it is
 
So many people are reeling for the same reason I am.

I got my first tank when I was in 3rd grade. Those poor fish. I did everything wrong but I kept at it and learned. Since then I've have about one year when I was without at least one tank and, at times, I've had up to six. All freshwater.

Two years ago I started dealing with some major stress, struggling with Anxiety and Depression in a big way, and I decided I needed a hobby that took a lot of mental work. (Plus I really like all the invertebrates that aren't available for freshwater).

Gotta say between the reef tank, yoga classes, and cutting down the excess sugar I'm a lot mellower and less easily agitated now.

Reefing 2: stress 0.5
 
Have several freshwater tanks and always wanted a reef tank but never thought I could do it. Not too mention the cost to start one up was a little scary. Was always concerned with the water chemistry and figuring out how to keep the #’s in check. Well after a lot of reading I had the opportunity and figured why not. Nothing more pleasing than setting one up and watching it flourish. I love a challenge and a reef tank is just that but as long as you do your research it can be done. I’m now hooked. It’s neat to see things in my tank that I didn’t put there like bristle worms, feather dusters, and other neat little creatures. I can literally sit in front of my reef tank and just stare like I’m a nut.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new