Why does my mini maxi have two mouths?

quickreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
422
Reaction score
65
Location
Macomb twp. Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1386645130.933401.jpg
 
I guess it's extra special lol. maybe it's getting ready to spilt. Sometimes my corals will grow another mouth before they get ready to spilt apart.
 
I have heard that for some reason in captivity ricordea don't split, just have multiple mouths. But I don't have much experience with maxis.
 
That's a mushroom by the way LOL!

The OP gave a pic of a maxi mini nem. The second pic is a ric (posted by a different person), but not the first.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new