Why doesn't CarbonDoser 2.0 push CO2 out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dochou
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dochou

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
137
Reaction score
74
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was working normally for about 6 months.
It then stopped pushing bubbles into the Calcium reactor.
I disconnected the tubing that runs from the white CarbonDoser box and checked to see if CO2 came out, and there was none.
I adjusted the white box knob/dial to max bubbles, ie bubble count less than .05 seconds (knob/dial all the way counter clockwise). The red light on the white box blinks as the dial indicates.
I checked the tubing running from CO2 Regulator to the white box, and there was CO2 flowing from the regulator.
I reconnected all tubing and then turned the knob to fully open on the regulator with max bubble count on the white box, but still no bubbles going into the reactor. I double checked it by disconnecting the tubing going to the reactor again. And there was no CO2 flowing out.
My conclusion is that there is something wrong inside the white box. CO2 goes in but doesn't come out.
Is the solenoid bad? Is there a clog?
How do I fix this? :thinking-face:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Aqauriumplants.com seems to be out of business, so no customer support.
Thanks!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Have you tried taking apart the white box or is that not possible?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new