Can't lower the PH in Calcium Reactor

robocop1906

Erick McLemore
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
152
Reaction score
68
Location
Tomball
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've had my GEO CR612X2 Calcium Reactor since 2021 and this week the PH in my reactor started to rise and no matter how much I increase the bubble count it won't go down but if I reduce it the PH does rise.

Equipment: GEO CR612X2 Calcium Reactor; CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator, APEX PH Probe, 20lbs CO2 tank

What I've tried so far:
- Recalibrated the PH probe
- Checked the circulation pump to ensure it's circulating the water
- Switched the carbon doser to my 5lb backup tank
- Increased the pressure to 15psi vs 12, then back down to 12.
- Increased the bubble count to as fast as it can go and as slow
- I did just switch from Two Little Fishes to Aragonite a few weeks back.
- I do see the bubbles adjust when I adjust the counter

I am seeing a leak where the circulation pump is plumbed into the reactor chamber. Can't figure out how to stop it, not sure it that has something to do with it.

20250726_165205.jpg
 
How fast is your effluent running? May be you need to get a brand new probe.

Edit: Also perhaps the media is using up CO2 faster by melting faster than tlf. Are you able to keep up with the demand at that ph?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new