Why is my Acan loosing tissue??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
1,647
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this particular acan about 2-3 years and have never had a problem with it. I did however just move my 38 gallon tank and all inhabitants into this new 40 breeder tank I have setup now. Everything else is doing very well. I first noticed this spot on my acan a few days ago and it appears to be getting bigger each day. I was thinking maybe it was brown jelly disease because I did see a little bit of brownish tissue where the coral tissue is missing. It may be hard to tell in the photo, but its the best I could really get of it without unmounting it from the rock it is on. I know if it is brown jelly I will need to cut the healthy coral away from the bad spot. But could it maybe be something else? I really don't want to loose this acan! Thanks for any help in advance.

4JVsqRd.jpg


Link to larger photo:
Imgur
 
I know mine started doing the same and had noticed my hammer coral had let loose a tentacle that landed on one of my acan polyps. Now I have the same problem, mine got a nasty sting I reckon.
 
Both could be a possibility. The 40 breeder is shallower than my old 38. I cut it loose from the rock today and gave it a good dip. I mounted it lower than it was as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new