Why is my clownish eating then spitting out his food?

soviet union

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got him Monday and so far he's only eaten 1 pellet of food i feed him new life spectrum and blood worms is he still getting used to the tank

Miami Reefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got him Monday and so far he's only eaten 1 pellet of food i feed him new life spectrum and blood worms is he still getting used to the tank
My clowns still do this and I have had them for quite some time, they could still just be getting used to the tank, but if you are concerned with them not eating I always try to switch up the variety. Frozen Mysis, Frozen and Fresh Brine shrimp, only to be sure that they are eating I would do that once a week or so until you get them accustomed to the pellets or flake that you have!

rahusky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed my clowns do this with larger pellets. Try soaking the pellets for a few minutes before putting them in the tank. Or smaller pellets. Good luck!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Do you know what the fish was eating before you got it? My suggestion is to follow the advice in the posts above (e.g., frozen food, pre soak pellets, small pellets, etc.) and continue to observe. Good luck!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might just not like it, size or flavor. Try other brands, maybe a smaller size. Try flakes as well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back