why is my green rbta not attaching to surfaces

bryan:))

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a green rbta from my lfs, did lots of research before buying one.
The RBTA was from a recent shipment, arrived on the day upon purchase. Looked healthy and sticked to the rocks like usual.
After temperature and drip acclimating, i put it in a small crevice in my tank.( i doubt it stuck in that crevice)

After 2 hours or so i saw the RBTA left in a corner of my tank, when i attempted to stick it back in that crevice it just flew away. Any thoughts on what happened?

Phosphate 0.13
Nitrate 20
Ammonia 0
KH 12
Calcium 465
Magnesium 1350
Tank info 40 Gallons 60x55x50
7 Months Mature

Joseph3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tip anemones take a while to get settled. Mine took overnight to find its happy place. I recommend turning down the flow and giving it some time. Make sure your clown fish is not harassing it too much. If it’s still floating around tomorrow morning, then you might want to reevaluate your approach.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not happy. Your alk seems a little high but shuoldn't be an issue. I'd just leave it alone and let it figure out where it wants to go.

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a green rbta from my lfs, did lots of research before buying one.
The RBTA was from a recent shipment, arrived on the day upon purchase. Looked healthy and sticked to the rocks like usual.
After temperature and drip acclimating, i put it in a small crevice in my tank.( i doubt it stuck in that crevice)

After 2 hours or so i saw the RBTA left in a corner of my tank, when i attempted to stick it back in that crevice it just flew away. Any thoughts on what happened?

Phosphate 0.13
Nitrate 20
Ammonia 0
KH 12
Calcium 465
Magnesium 1350
Tank info 40 Gallons 60x55x50
7 Months Mature
It's not happy, it should attach so one of your parameters is off.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back