Why is my Kenya tree dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dalmatia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dalmatia

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2013
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
75
Location
Toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been doing good for a year in my 55g coral only till I put in a 150g reef with the same water parameters?
 
Something changed. Whats different, those things are bullet proof.
 
I thought the same, I clipped it after it not opening for at least a month,,, just decaying and the clippings,,,,,, nothing. I've put them in a different tank, still nothing?
The best part is I clipped it maybe 7-8 months ago and the little frags grew and still are while the mother is withering away???
 
Last edited:
You clip it in the tank? They release toxins into the water column, that attack other corals. Could be a possibility.
 
I thought the same, I clipped it after it not opening for at least a month,,, just decaying and the clippings,,,,,, nothing. I've put them in a different tank, still nothing?
The best part is I clipped it maybe 7-8 months ago and the little frags grew and still are while the mother is withering away???
Did you clip it in the tank?
 
I would try iodine dip for 10 min. then place higher up for more light and give it more flow. then leave it alone, for a while.
 
I'll give that a try.
And no I don't frag, clip in my DT, that's just mad
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new