Why is my lobo dying???

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjjones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jjjones

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2022
Messages
76
Reaction score
14
Location
Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea why my lobo would be dying??? I end up moving everything from one tank into another one that’s shallower(including water, sand, rocks, etc.) and I end up putting a kessil light over it and it’s starting to die and I can see some of its skeleton can someone help me please??

020C8E95-1C20-4C77-B331-D6310CA570DE.jpeg FED8615D-BA42-4E93-9036-92FC0CC70BED.jpeg
 
Can you take a picture in white light? There doesn't appear to be any issue that I can see. This is guessing but if you're seeing dieoff it could be differences in light intensity and/or spectrum. Carbon dosing can cause issues if you're doing that. A big difference in parameters can also cause issues. Another possibility was too many changes to fast if it wasn't in the porvious system very long. And there's always the possibility it had a problem long before you every acquired it.
 
Can you take a picture in white light? There doesn't appear to be any issue that I can see. This is guessing but if you're seeing dieoff it could be differences in light intensity and/or spectrum. Carbon dosing can cause issues if you're doing that. A big difference in parameters can also cause issues. Another possibility was too many changes to fast if it wasn't in the porvious system very long. And there's always the possibility it had a problem long before you every acquired it.
Yeah, I’ve had it for about 4 months now and it was in the old system for 3 of those months(it was previously in a quarantine tank when I got it) but I’ll get you a picture of it in white light.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 67

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new