Why is my new torch unhappy?

avocadoman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
38
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a torch from AquaSD on 3/11. It looked fine when I bought it:
1000020411_edited.jpeg

I did a 60%-100% 7-day light acclimation. Ten days after I got it, it looked like it was doing quite well:
1000020792_edited.jpeg

Now it looks quite displeased and maybe dying:
1000021067_edited.jpeg

I thought maybe the flow was too much for it a few days ago, so I turned down my pumps, but if anything it's just gotten worse. I measured the PAR with my Seneye and it read about 140 in the area, which seems like it should be fine. All of my other corals are doing great, including the other 3 frags I got from AquaSD that day.

Here are my parameters:
pH 8.0
Alk 8.5
Nitrate 3.1
Phos 0.07
Ca 436
Mg 1320
Salinity 32 PSU (1.025)

All these parameters are stable. I dose All-For-Reef nightly on a doser. I have a bit of a bubble algae issue, which I'm trying to control with emerald crabs and a foxface (who don't seem to be winning).

Any suggestions?
 
If parameters ok and all other corals doing fine, to me it would mean this coral doesn't like its location, so I would try another spot - never change the tank settings, but change the coral location.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new