Why is my purple torch so weird?

BraindeadBiologist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
271
Reaction score
260
Location
19047
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my green tipped purple torch for about 6 months now in my Red Sea Reefer 170 Max-E. For some reason it has begun to look all stringy with a bunch of little nodules of green along the tentacles instead of the thick, straight and long look I've seen of others.
Why did it start growing like this?
I've even moved it around the tank and adjust the flow of the ReefWave 25.
Light is the ReefLED 90 that came with the tank.
Salinity: 36.2 ppm
Phos: 0.03
pH: 8.1
Cal: 201 ppm

20211019_160413.jpg
 
I have had my green tipped purple torch for about 6 months now in my Red Sea Reefer 170 Max-E. For some reason it has begun to look all stringy with a bunch of little nodules of green along the tentacles instead of the thick, straight and long look I've seen of others.
Why did it start growing like this?
I've even moved it around the tank and adjust the flow of the ReefWave 25.
Light is the ReefLED 90 that came with the tank.
Salinity: 36.2 ppm
Phos: 0.03
pH: 8.1
Cal: 201 ppm

20211019_160413.jpg
I am far from a torch expert but that looks like some kind of crossbred animal. Like the frammers or such. It’s pretty cool
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new