Why is one Kenya tree fully out but my other isn’t?

MrWhippy619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my green Kenya tree about a week ago and it’s never really opened up since I bought it. In the store it was fully opened and it was probably about the same size as my brown one if not bigger so I’m a little confused as to why it doesn’t fully open I don’t have really strong flow and just got the standard evo 13.5 lighting and in my head if it was the perameters that were off then the brown one wouldnt be opening either?
IMG_8973.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keya trees are hardy but fickle. They can decide to shrivel up for periods of time without any real explanation. They can also sort of "shed" a waxy coating as they grow. Assuming your chemistry is fine I would not worry about it and let it do it's thing.

OP
OP
M

MrWhippy619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d give it time. Looks good from what I can see. Softies. Also if it’s down flow from that sarcophyton, which looks closed up add of it’s in a shed it may have a negative impact on it
oh the sarcophyton has been closed up for a while now i dont think theres enough flow for it but its stuck itself to the rock now so i cant move it

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone else has said, they're easy to keep alive, but not as easy to keep happy constantly.
It could just be shedding. I would try to direct the flow at it more, or add an extra power head.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back