Kenya tree failing?

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve had my Kenya tree for a week and a half and I’m not sure if it’s doing well it has only erected properly once most of the time it’s slumped over it also had like a slime/web on the stems from time to time I have a power head with gentle flow and a standard fluval evo led light can someone tell me in there opinion if it’s failing thanks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers need to shed their 'skin' every few weeks, it releases dead cells, detritus, and waste, but they need flow to help them shed. Put it in an area of stronger flow. You can also take a turkey baster and gently blow on it to help it shed.

The colour also seems slightly off (pale) to me, but I'm not sure about that. The colour would be the result of the type of light that you have.

OP
OP
M

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers need to shed their 'skin' every few weeks, it releases dead cells, detritus, and waste, but they need flow to help them shed. Put it in an area of stronger flow. You can also take a turkey baster and gently blow on it to help it shed.

The colour also seems slightly off (pale) to me, but I'm not sure about that. The colour would be the result of the type of light that you have.
In your opinion would that be enough flow to allow shedding

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine, you can add more if you like. There is constant movement and the polyps are open, the coral seems happy to me.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back