Why not put MircoBacter 7 in pump intake port?

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been dosing a variety of things to combat dinos. NeoNitro, NeoPhos, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Microbacter 7 (MB7). Normally I dose in the return chamber for even distribution throughout the tank. The MB7 instructions state, "do not add to pump intake ports". Does this mean my return pump? If so, why?

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposed to turn skimmer and UV off too... guessing something with the high agitation and that it's microorganisms/bacteria and enzymes. Organic material that could be destroyed or removed by these things.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I've been dosing a variety of things to combat dinos. NeoNitro, NeoPhos, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Microbacter 7 (MB7). Normally I dose in the return chamber for even distribution throughout the tank. The MB7 instructions state, "do not add to pump intake ports". Does this mean my return pump? If so, why?
I would think you can add it anywhere - and it will distribute through the tank - the concentrated solution right in the return pump could 'damage' its structure. its kind of like 'whipping egg whites' I would guess it can denature some of the protein/enzymes. Why were you wanting to do it?

OP
OP
Jib

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think you can add it anywhere - and it will distribute through the tank - the concentrated solution right in the return pump could 'damage' its structure. its kind of like 'whipping egg whites' I would guess it can denature some of the protein/enzymes. Why were you wanting to do it?
The return chamber of my tank is just an easy place to dose. I figured blowing through the return pump would distribute what I’m dosing evenly throughout the tank. I’m sure not necessary but it’s how I usually dose. It was just a curiosity I had about the product

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back