Why ship inverts at 1.029?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TankYou
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TankYou

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2017
Messages
473
Reaction score
431
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my order from a very large un-named online retailer. Had some fishies come in at 1.019 salinity, I get it, helps with parasites. Got a peppermint shrimp at 1.023, great. Got 2 orders of hermits and an order of snails in at 1.029.
Is there a purpose to this I am not aware of or have we just not topped off the water in a few day’s at our very large company?
Obviously this will take a bit of time to safely acclimate them.
 
I am unaware of a reason to increase salinity ahead of shipping. I am assuming the most common reasons you would read 1.029 is either your salinity tester is out of calibration, their tester is out of calibration, or an evaporation/top off issue as you alluded to. I would just take the opportunity to ensure that your salinity tester is calibrated if you haven't already done so.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new