Why so hard and not useful

1759101855322.png

I hate them too, they get hard and crack.
I went to hobby lobby and got these.
 
The I2 in Lugols is reactive with many materials, including rubber. That’s a main reason I do not recommend it for dosing reef tanks.
 
Buy them in bulk from Amazon or elsewhere. They’re cheap.
 
So this begs the question what type should we use?

Type of eyedropper or type of iodine?

For dosing, I recommend (and use) potassium iodide.

For the dropper for Lugols, the polyethylene ones that others posted should hold up well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new