Why You MUST Attend Reefing Industry Events

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA2019_Teal-300dpi.png

Several times every year, huge professional marine aquarium conferences take place around the world. Most of these conferences take place in the USA, with some major conferences also taking place in Europe and Australia. The most notable of these conferences are ReefAPalooza and MACNA, both of which happen in the USA. Whether you are relatively new, experienced, or even an advanced reefer, you absolutely must attend at least one of these events every year. Here is why.

1) Expand your reefing knowledge
An old Chinese proverb says: “A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” Well, all the wise men (and women) of the reefing community are usually present at these conferences, and this is your chance to ask them any questions you have, get some feedback on what you are doing in your tank, or just learn about their reefing journey.

2) Find new friends who share your hobby
Unfortunately, your friends and family don’t always end up being as passionate about reefing as you are, and it can sometimes feel a little lonely not sharing your hobby with other people. There definitely won’t be a shortage of those at the industry conferences, where reefers come in their thousands, and it is a well-known fact that many people start lifetime friendships at the events.

3) Discover the latest reefing equipment
The congregation of thousands of hobbyists make these events ideal for vendors of all kinds to announce their latest gear. This isn’t only a chance for you to find out about this equipment just when they are being released, but it’s also a good idea to save some money on reefing equipment, as vendors at the events often offer hefty discounts on their products. We at Reef Kinetics are running a discount ourselves. Just enter the coupon code: “RKMACNA” to receive $50 off the ReefBot.

4) Get your hands on the best and widest selection of corals
This is the bread-and-butter of every reefer. Ultimately, we all got into this hobby because we couldn’t resist the aesthetic appeal of beautiful and rare corals that are well cared for. At these huge industry events, you’ll find the best and most exotic selection of corals of all kinds in the world. If you are new to reefing and are looking to explore all your coral options, or if you are advanced and are looking for exotic corals to spike your passion, these conferences are the place to be.

5) Collect giveaways and win raffle prizes
The vendors don’t just give generous discounts on their products at the conferences, they also sometimes organize giveaways as part of their PR strategy, because it makes sense for them to make a good impression on the influencers and hobbyists present at the events. You also get to participate in the huge raffles which include hundreds of thousands worth of reefing equipment. In fact, the raffle draws are usually where the biggest crowds gather!

If you are planning on going to MACNA next week, make sure to pass by us at booth #803. And if you plan on being there early, meet us at our booth at 9:30 am on Friday the 30th of August, where we will be making some MAJOR announcements!

Download the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App:

apple-store.pnggoogle-play.png

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd love to. There is never anything of this nature in the Southeast.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RAP coming to Illinois in October. WORTH the 7-8 hour drive !!! You will make up for gas easily in Freebies you will get.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Some people do classify Florida as part of the southeastern US. ;Bookworm

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[...]
Several times every year, huge professional marine aquarium conferences take place around the world. Most of these conferences take place in the USA, with some major conferences also taking place in Europe and Australia. The most notable of these conferences are ReefAPalooza and MACNA, both of which happen in the USA. Whether you are relatively new, experienced, or even an advanced reefer, you absolutely must attend at least one of these events every year. Here is why.

1) Expand your reefing knowledge
An old Chinese proverb says: “A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” Well, all the wise men (and women) of the reefing community are usually present at these conferences, and this is your chance to ask them any questions you have, get some feedback on what you are doing in your tank, or just learn about their reefing journey.

2) Find new friends who share your hobby
Unfortunately, your friends and family don’t always end up being as passionate about reefing as you are, and it can sometimes feel a little lonely not sharing your hobby with other people. There definitely won’t be a shortage of those at the industry conferences, where reefers come in their thousands, and it is a well-known fact that many people start lifetime friendships at the events.

3) Discover the latest reefing equipment
The congregation of thousands of hobbyists make these events ideal for vendors of all kinds to announce their latest gear. This isn’t only a chance for you to find out about this equipment just when they are being released, but it’s also a good idea to save some money on reefing equipment, as vendors at the events often offer hefty discounts on their products. We at Reef Kinetics are running a discount ourselves. Just enter the coupon code: “RKMACNA” to receive $50 off the ReefBot.

4) Get your hands on the best and widest selection of corals
This is the bread-and-butter of every reefer. Ultimately, we all got into this hobby because we couldn’t resist the aesthetic appeal of beautiful and rare corals that are well cared for. At these huge industry events, you’ll find the best and most exotic selection of corals of all kinds in the world. If you are new to reefing and are looking to explore all your coral options, or if you are advanced and are looking for exotic corals to spike your passion, these conferences are the place to be.

5) Collect giveaways and win raffle prizes
The vendors don’t just give generous discounts on their products at the conferences, they also sometimes organize giveaways as part of their PR strategy, because it makes sense for them to make a good impression on the influencers and hobbyists present at the events. You also get to participate in the huge raffles which include hundreds of thousands worth of reefing equipment. In fact, the raffle draws are usually where the biggest crowds gather!

If you are planning on going to MACNA next week, make sure to pass by us at booth #803. And if you plan on being there early, meet us at our booth at 9:30 am on Friday the 30th of August, where we will be making some MAJOR announcements!

Great post and all great reminders! I look forward to reconnecting with you and your team!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought about that. You are absolutely correct. I meant like NC, GA, AL, MS, TN.

No worries! We’re used to it. I’m always amused at how we drive 4 to 8 hours north to get to the “south”!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back