Getting together for corals and conversation: Are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year?

Are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year?

• Definitely

Votes: 135 34.2%
  • Probably

Votes: 98 24.8%
  • Probably not

Votes: 66 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 22.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Getting together for corals and conversation: Are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year?

It is a new year and coral shows and frag swaps are starting to happen! As you look forward to 2024, are you planning to attend any reefing shows this year? Whether it a large reef convention like one of the Reef-a-Palooza’s or a smaller local or regional show or swap, these events are great places to meet other reefers, make new friends, have questions answered, add some reef swag, get some new corals and equipment, try your luck in some of the drawings, and check out the latest gear. In addition to all of the amazing people, there are times when the knowledge that is learned at a show will take your reefing journey to another level. If you haven’t ever been to a show, consider making attending one in 2024. If you have been to a show (or lots of shows), please let us know you experience and share recommendations with the R2R community!

Revhtree_R2RBooth.jpeg

Photo by @revhtree; Reef-a-Palooza Orlando 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, our local club (3RMAS) usually hosts a coral show/frag swap in April and my husband and I like to go to that. I decided to check on it and so far nothing is posted yet but I am hoping that they are having it again this year. I know that it is a lot of work for the club members. I have gotten nice samples of new products plus my husband has even won nice prizes for me.

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ever since starting my tank my GF and i have gone to RAPNY every year with a game plan in mind. if my OG bounce continues to melt on me(no idea what triggered this..).....i may bite the bullet and see if i can find another to replace it with this year. this year we originally planned on getting a leather (ideally a true yellow fiji, or weeping willow), or some LPS like torches, but the OG melting really put a damper on things. hopefully i can bring it back.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have an extra week off this year, so I can do the family vacation and go to a reefapalooza California for the first time.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely!!! One of my local reef shows in Michigan is in a few weeks on February 4th. The Michigan Coral Expo in Lansing! I hope to see my fellow Michiganders there!

I am hoping to attend reefapalooza in Orlando and New York again this year as well. I was able to go to both last year and it was a blast!

Anyone on the fence that hasn't been to a reefapalooza definitely needs to go.

It helps that I won a tank as well!! Thanks @revhtree and @Gumbies R Us for hanging out with us at the Reef2Reef booth!

IMG_3762.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely!!! One of my local reef shows in Michigan is in a few weeks on February 4th. The Michigan Coral Expo in Lansing! I hope to see my fellow Michiganders there!

I am hoping to attend reefapalooza in Orlando and New York again this year as well. I was able to go to both last year and it was a blast!

Anyone on the fence that hasn't been a reefapalooza definitely needs to go.

It helps that I won a tank as well. Thanks @revhtree and @Gumbies R Us for hanging out with us at the Reef2Reef booth!

IMG_3762.jpg

YES I love seeing people like you and other members of the community at shows! For us that's what it's ALL ABOUT!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will for sure be at Reef a palooza Orlando this year. lookin to get all the sweet swag from my fav vendors, and of course from our friendly neighborhood Reef2reef booth also....who will just happen to be across from a booth that will DEFINATLY spend ALOT of time at. look at the RAP map and see if you can figure out the booth :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back