Widening the Aquatic Life T5/LED hybrid fixture

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to get the parts to spread this 4-LED light fixture over a wider surface?

My tank is a 72 x 30 x 25 high peninsula with the last 7" or so taken up by an internal overflow along the side, so more like 65x30x25. I bought the 61" Aquatic Life fixture but to cover the 30" I bought the 24" endcap kit to use instead of the 18" endcaps that come with it.

Question: Do I need to also buy LED brackets and a separate hanging kit? This is turning out to be an expensive modification. The hanging kit that came with it doesn't seem to stretch to hold onto the channels when the 24" endcaps are installed. WHere do you even get it? I can't find it anywhere.

KorlL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily diy modify the hanging kit if you need it longer. You can buy wire from Home Depot along with some cable stoppers. Cost you no more than $5

KorlL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t reuse the cable stoppers. Only one time use. The stoppers need to be crimped down on the cable. They’re cheap like a pack of four for $1-2

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back